Hero System Good Idea/Bad Idea...

Wormhole

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Hero System Good Idea/Bad Idea...

i wonder waha a VILLIAN games logo would look like?

http://www.peginc.com/games.html

You have to scroll down a bit to

Necessary Evil

When all the super heroes of the world are blown to kingdom come by an army of invading aliens who will save the day? Evil... The only forces left to take on the alien menace are the crafty and self serving super villains!

As bad as Wraith was' date=' Changeling was even worse. (Scroll down to "White Wolf's Changeling: The Lost." and prepare to lose SAN.)

I liked Changeling. And Mage.

Don't care for Vampires.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thought Wraith sounded interesting.

Guest Celt

attachment.php?attachmentid=31643&stc=1&d=1242677368

Ouch! And considering that Champions Online seems to take a lot fromt he CNM setting, best not to bring up painful memories

Bad Idea: The Book of the Bulldozer
Actually' date=' that might be rather amusing...[/quote']It probably would, but I doubt that even I could come up with more than a couple dozen pages worth of material. (And I just wrote 115 pages in Haymaker! on the sense of smell.)

What -- don't you like sacking Rome?

I LOVE sacking Rome!

Good idea: Gothic heroes sacking Rome, Italy

Bad idea: Gothic posers slacking in Rome, New York

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that if Lucius ever runs a remotely historical game it will probably be Gothic Hero

This of course assumes GURPS doesn't make your head explode.

Actually, they only got through the Mage core before White Wolf pulled the plug on the GURPS conversions. (Why is something between the two companies; probably only those directly involved truly know).

One of the settings that GURPS never got to was Wraith: the Oblivion, one of the great disasters of RPG history. You played a restless ghost who spends most of his time feeling awful, with limited interaction with the real world. It's sort of like an RPG about being in Hell or Limbo. It proved very unpopular and went almost completely unplayed.

Errr try Playing "Changeling-the Incomprehensible Magic System" not only are you less powerful and interesting than mages but more 'ehhh who cares'.

Errr try Playing "Changeling-the Incomprehensible Magic System" not only are you less powerful and interesting than mages but more 'ehhh who cares'.

Yeah, a few interesting ideas (what I liked) and some really crappy mechanics (which I didn't, mostly)

Lucius Alexander

Chimerical Palindromedary

Guest Celt

Well, if you had a good comprehension of physics and could string a good line of BS to the GM, then you were pretty much a godling in Mage the Ascension.