Steampunk Star Wars (Needs Better Name)

jtelson

Re: Steampunk Star Wars (Needs Better Name)

I just want to know what the steam punk equivalent of a Light Saber is going to be...

Didn't really give it any thought probably just swords;

But I suppose it could be Steam Swords, Whistling Blades something like that; a hilt that generates a really tight, short, steady, line of steam - cuts through things and is pretty much invisible (I've been told that on subs the Navy uses broom handles to look for steam leaks, when the bit you're waving around falls off you've found it).

or maybe Aether Cutlass? Works just like a light saber but with weirder colors; sounds more Steam punky.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fencing and Savate would IMHO be the best combo to get a Jedi-like fighting ability in a steampunk environment.

I suddenly have this image of Spanish Inquisition fighting nuns. :eek:

There are also the Italian and French schools' date=' as well as Hungarian saber fencing.[/quote']

True; but he was talking about Spanish fighting Nuns.

Has anyone taken a whack at the various fencing schools as Martial Arts?

True; but he was talking about Spanish fighting Nuns.

Has anyone taken a whack at the various fencing schools as Martial Arts?

I remember someone doing that years ago during 4th Edition. I'm not sure where I saw it.

As for Spanish fighting nuns, all they need is a sturdy 12-inch ruler. ;)

• 1 month later...

I knew I'd see "Steampunk Star Wars" somewhere before!

here

Cool, it was actually an RPG Motivational Poster in either the Funny or Neat Pictures thread (NGD) that caught my fancy and got the wheels turning on it - Somehow I got stuck on Pirates and once I realized the The War of Spanish Succession set a good stage for England to take over the free world and could eaily be called The Throne Wars, I'd fixed the time period firmly in my skull - It does unfortunately lend it more towards SteamPunkish Star Wars than a true Victorian extravaganza.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Put this together as week 7 of my summer Savage Worlds project

http://penbrookindustries.com/blog1/2009/08/07/campaign-engines-of-revolution/

A lot of room for expansion.

Well done! I like it. :) Choosing to set it during the 18th century instead of going Victorian like so many often do was a nice touch. It really allows for a lot more flexibility in the setting- keeping it a touch more fantasy and swashbuckling instead of highbrow proper British.

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

The Star Railroad

Integrate this massive corporation into the game, either for good or ill, or both. You could have the Jedi as defenders (or Sith as defenders) of the railways, as it is vital for supplies. Imagine a huge steampunk engineered Runnel (a play on the nickname of the modern Chunnel - a railroad bridge across the channel connecting France and England).

Anyway, just an idea...neat campaign setting, though.

I think he might have been talking about the spelling of Vapor rather than the term Vapor Wars.

I went with Engines of Revolution - but I like Aether Wars may use it for something else.

I also like the Railroad thing - if I wasn't already working on a Railroad inspired setting...