Help with theme archer

JmOz

Ok, working n a bad keyboard, excuse any really bad typoes (more than my normal tons of them)

I have an idea, been in the back of my head for years, even probably have posted it here a time or three, so here we go again

She is an archer who has been gifted by the Greek Gods with her bow and arrow, each god has beswed a gift on her. Concentrating on the bit 12

Zeus-Ok, this one is easy a RKA/EB with Lightning as the F/X

Apollo-Easy again, his will provide the flash type of attack

Hehistus-Explosion?

Aphrodite-Mind Control (Arrows of Eros or Cupid)

Artemis, another easy one, infinite RKA normalish arrows

Dionysis, not sure, but thinking a NND of some kind of drunkenes

Hesta? an earth goddess IIRC thinking a plant based entangle

Hermes-Thinking he will provide sadles that raise dex/gift flight

Ones I am at a lost for include:

Athena-Goddess of wisdom, and war

Hera-Queen of the gds, marrige was her domain

Ares?---God of war, deserves smething good

Hades-Underworld, not as dark or forboding as many think (Controled heaven,, hell and all stps in betwee)

Re: Help with theme archer

Well, of the big names you forgot Demeter and Poseidon, both of whom I would personally rank higher than Hestia, who gave up her spot in Olympus.

Demeter is more of your earth goddess really, so she might be good for the plant arrow

Hestia is the goddess of the hearth and home. Fire arrow would probably work here, but another idea might be a Teleportation power with a single Fixed location that takes the character back to their base

Hephaestus I might do a Dispel Technology arrow.

Dionysus was also the God of Madness, so another Mind Control arrow or Mental Illusions might be good for him.

Apollo and Artemis are the twin archer gods of the Greeks. One of them might grant arrow that are incredibly accurate. It was Apollo that guided Paris' arrow to kill Achilles by striking his heel. Find Weakness might be appropriate, or possibly just some extra CSL built into the slot.

Athena is kind of tricky, but I would probably use one of my favorite tricks for her: the Clarisentience Arrow. With Owl feather fletching naturally ;)

Ares I would probably just make AP RKA

Hera was often portrayed as quite the nagging bitch (not that Zues didn't deserve most of it mind you...). Along those lines an Ego attack or something Sonic, like an Explosive Hear Group Flash or AVLD might be appropriate. Most of the good sides of her personality are not making me think of overly useful arrows. Needs to have peacock feather fletching.

Hades just screams darkness arrow to me

Posidon needs a Trident Arrow = Extra dice for Ranged Disarms!... or maybe an Ice or Water based arrow (Dispel Fire Powers)

Well, of the big names you forgot Demeter and Poseidon, both of whom I would personally rank higher than Hestia, who gave up her spot in Olympus.

Demeter is more of your earth goddess really, so she might be good for the plant arrow

Hestia is the goddess of the hearth and home. Fire arrow would probably work here, but another idea might be a Teleportation power with a single Fixed location that takes the character back to their base

Hephaestus I might do a Dispel Technology arrow.

Dionysus was also the God of Madness, so another Mind Control arrow or Mental Illusions might be good for him.

Apollo and Artemis are the twin archer gods of the Greeks. One of them might grant arrow that are incredibly accurate. It was Apollo that guided Paris' arrow to kill Achilles by striking his heel. Find Weakness might be appropriate, or possibly just some extra CSL built into the slot.

Athena is kind of tricky, but I would probably use one of my favorite tricks for her: the Clarisentience Arrow. With Owl feather fletching naturally ;)

Ares I would probably just make AP RKA

Hera was often portrayed as quite the nagging bitch (not that Zues didn't deserve most of it mind you...). Along those lines an Ego attack or something Sonic, like an Explosive Hear Group Flash or AVLD might be appropriate. Most of the good sides of her personality are not making me think of overly useful arrows. Needs to have peacock feather fletching.

Hades just screams darkness arrow to me

Posidon needs a Trident Arrow = Extra dice for Ranged Disarms!... or maybe an Ice or Water based arrow (Dispel Fire Powers)

God Demeter and Hestia mxed up (It happens)

Can't beleive I forgot Poseidon, maybe somekid of NND Drowning attack for him?

I never figured who was kinkier, Zeus or his assorted lovers. Io, he showed up as a Bull. Leda, he showed up as a swan. Then there's Perseus' Mom and the "shower of gold."

Poseidon was also the god of earthquakes, so perhaps some kind of Tremor Arrow (Area of Effect, heavy knockback).

I'd let Hephaestus' gift be the indestructible bow he forged. It could double as a club.

Well unless you want each god/goddess to necessarily give her an arrow each I'd go for a few 'alternate' gifts.

Athena owned the Aegus, a magical breastplate which made the wearer invulnerable. While she is unlikely to give *it* away a lesser version of it may suffice.

I'd have Hephaestus make the bow, as others have suggested. Either that or Artemus gives her one of her spares.

Hades had a helmet of invisibility that he was known to lend out (to Perseus in one case).

Ares might give her something to use in those cases where she needed to get 'up close and personal', like a sword. Archery was always the purview of 'sissies' like Apollo, real warriors got blood on them.

Yes a metal bow made by Hephaestus sounds good. It'd justify high damage on the basic attack.

Since Athene is wisdom and war combined "Find Weakness" seems reasonable and would be quite suitable to a ranged character. The Aegis shield would be very helpful as well mind you.

An RKA with Autofire might work for Ares since he was more bloodthirsty and brutal than Athene. Or some kind of berserk ability.

I'd agree that Poseidon should get in on the action. The earthquake suggestion was good. Though he was also the lord of horses so perhaps a summonable steed to carry her into battle and allow her to keep up with the speedsters and fliers.

Hera was very big on faithfulness. (You can hardly blame her when you consider that she was married to a god who seduced or raped everything from his squire/cupbearer to his own mother). Perhaps a scroll upon which unbreakable oaths could be inscribed would suit her. (It would probably be a Drain or Transform that only kicked in if the target broke their bargain). Or an attack that only harms the unfaithful. A lie detector could be suitable as well. Or an arrow that will hit its target no matter where they are in the world, as long as they have been unfaithful or treacherous.

Or just another summon, she seems to have been quite good at pitting people she didn't like against monsters. Perhaps she could give the archer arrows tipped with dragon's teeth that grow into armoured hoplites when they touch the ground.

Dionysus is not as pleasant as you might think either. His female followers, the Maenads, had a nasty tendency to rip men apart witht heir bare hands. Borrowing from their power could give the archer a close combat ability such as enhanced strength, a HKA or a few Drunken Master style Martial Arts. Mind altering side effects should complete the package.

Hades could provide arrows that strike Desolidified characters or 'ghost arrows' that pass through armour and strike the soul itself, (NND). Or perhaps an arrow dipped in the wine of the Underworld that when fired into a corpse prevents the target's soul from ever being resurrected.

Change Environment for posideon in order to simulate the target being under water? kinda expensive build but "my Power defense stops your drain" isn't a problem any more (and if they fail a PS Swimming Roll you can tack on 'can't take any more recoveries until effect ends' as an effect from failing a swimming roll)