A qustion about the Ethical Treatment of Villians.

Tungsten Shephard

Re: A qustion about the Ethical Treatment of Villians.

Well, Cryptic Studios also bought the IP rights to Hero Games's "Dark Champions" materials, which they intend to eventually develop as a separate game setting, "Dark Champions Online." IIRC the remarks I've seen, Hudson City will be the home base for that MMO world, so we're unlikely to see it in CO.

As to the Harbinger of Justice, there's virtually no chance of seeing him in an MMORPG, unless Steve Long changes his mind. Steve couldn't bear to give anyone else control of a character so near and dear to him, so he didn't sell the rights to the HoJ along with the rest of DC.

BTW I personally feel that part of their "ethical treatment" should be spelling "villain" correctly. (Sorry, pet peeve.) ;)

OMGOSH I did mispell it!

Sorry Lord Liaden.

No need to apologise, typoes happen. The people who consistently mispell it do annoy me, though. If there's one word fans of a superhero adventure RPG have no excuse for not knowing how to spell, it's "villain." :rolleyes:

I'm having a hard time seeing Dark Champions as it's own MMO. Easy to see it as it's own game however.

Maybe Cryptic will confine DCO primarily to Hudson City, like City of Heroes is. It's big enough for a great deal of street-level action.

So if someone makes a Harby in ChO will Steve sue?

(ducks and covers from sniper sight)

Exactly. It's more likely that Steve will just send in the "real" HoJ to deal with the imposter. :bmk:

Hey, maybe Steve will end up playing Harbie as his PC toon in CO or DCO! :cool:

If I had to guess and this is only a guess, they're going to use "Dark Champions" as the name for an expansion similar to "City of Villains" that lets you play villains. But I don't know anything for sure.