Doctor Agenda

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Hawaii Hero

Hang loose, brah!

A few more random thoughts...

• Zippy's -- ubiquitous, cheap fast-food. Look for their vats of chili. Found all over Oahu.
  • ABC Stores -- everywhere (I mean everywhere!) in Waikiki. They keep the tourists supplied with snacks, sunscreen, T-shirts, macadamia nuts, etc.
  • B52 flying cockroaches -- you can't miss them. Big. They like to dive bomb people.
  • Termites -- the bane of every homeowner.
  • Geckos -- everybody likes to see them. Often appear mysteriously scampering across the walls in your house.
  • Mongoose -- you'll see them dashing across the roads from time to time.
  • Breadfruit -- hanging from trees all over the place.
  • Banyan trees -- aerial roots children love to swing on.
  • Climate -- you get near constant rain in one part of the island, a desert on another. Every morning I looked out my window to see if it was raining up the volcano. Often it was raining up there and not at my apartment.
  • Tradewinds -- almost always blowing. They make summer bearable.
  • Tourists -- largely fooled into staying in Waikiki. The locals stay away from Waikiki as much as they can. The best beaches see few tourists.
  • Hula -- it's everywhere. Especially intense during the Merrie Monarch Festival. If you've only seen the nampy bampy wimpy hula most people are familiar with, check out stuff like this on YouTube.

And how can I not plug Loose Screws? An improv group I belonged to in Honolulu. Lots of comedy also available from On The Spot. While you're at it, don't forget to include Hawaii Shakespeare Festival.

That's some intense Hula! I will refer my GM to this thread.

I will try to post a write up of my character, pre-debut, providing I can make it align right.

Rafi

Value Char Base Cost Characteristics: 125 Abilities: 125 Total: 250

30 Str 10 20 Base: 150 Disadvantages: 100 XP: 0

20 Dex 10 30 Points Disadvantage

20 Con 10 20 5 Vuln: x1 ½ Effect from Pleasurable Attacks

15 Bod 10 10 15 DNPC 8-: Girlfriend of the Month (Unaware)

15 Int 10 5 10 DNPC 8-: Mother (Leslie, Store Manager)

15 Ego 10 10 10 Monitored 8- by Enforcer Ashima

15 Pre 10 5 15 Psych Lim: Protective of the Weak and Innocent

20 Com 10 5 10 Psych Lim: Showoff

10 PD 6 4 15 Psych Lim: Won’t Murder

10 ED 4 6 15 Soc Lim: Secret Identity (Raphael ‘Rafi’

4 Spd 3.0 10 Warrick/Scott Pakua/Empyrean)

10 Rec 10 0 5 Soc Lim: Harmful Secret-Former Generation

40 End 40 0 Viper member known as ‘Hooligan’.

40 Stn 40 0 Description: 5’9”, 160 lbs, dark brown hair and eyes.

Born in 1990. Dresses fashionably as a civilian.

Cost Ability Cost Ability

10 Damage Resistance: 10rPD, 10rED 1 TF: Surfboard

5 Flash Defense: 5 points vs. Sight

11 Healing: 1 Bod Regeneration/Turn with Heal Limbs

5 Lack of Weakness: -5 for Resistant Defenses

34 Life Support: Breathe Water, rest of Life Support

except diminished eating, sleeping, and longevity

5 Mental Defense: 8 Points

25 Multipower: 25-point Movement Pool

2u Flight: 10” at 2 End with x4 Non-combat (Top Speed of about 55 mph)

2u Flight: 10” at 2 End, Usable Underwater (+1/4)

2u Teleport: 10” with x2 Mass at 2 End

5 Power Defense: 5 Points

3 Area Knowledges: Hawaiian Region 11-, Maui 8-, Millennium City 8-

6 Jack-of-All-Trades, Scholar

3 Knowledge Skills: Music 11-, Music Scene 11-, Viper 11-

3 Lang: Hawaiian (Fluent), English is Native, also fluent in Pidgin

3 Prof Skills: Front Man 11-, Guitar Playing 11-, Singing 11-. Viper Agent 8-

Biography: Scott Pakua never knew his father. He has grown up feeling betrayed by the father who abandoned him and craves validation and attention while also distrusting and resenting authority figures (especially male ones). Getting shanghaied into Generation Viper and conditioned by Mrs. Garter did not help. Being rescued and telepathically counseled by Empyreans helped a bit, but they didn’t see fit to settle his ‘father issues’ or even acknowledge he is one of them. He is too distrustful and concerned with maintaining an image as ‘cool’ to open up to anyone. He was both physically and mentally gifted for his age even before he got super-powers. His father may be as bad as he thinks, but maybe he doesn’t know the whole story yet.

One cool thing about Oahu is that there was a lot of secret underground consruction done in WW2....rumors that "X' is really hollow abound...in a comic universe it could well be true!

If ever there was a location where the Silver surfer needed a clone, it's Hawaii!

I was working on a "Hawaiian Heroes" for Digital Hero until it closed. I had a bunch of characters worked out with names in Hawaiian and everything. The only one I posted was for the Dark Champions in every state on the other group. The picture was Heromachine + photoshop head.

This is Tiki. When Pele awoke and cast part of her godhood out to create protectors for the islands, a mute teen was imbued with strength, invulnerablity, and his head was encased in a wooden tiki mask/helmut that does not come off until he wills it away. He was used to guard the streets and areas where crime threatened the normal people, but would help on the four color capers if needed. The only way he could communicate was through the art of hula.

More random thoughts...

Dark Champions types will do well in the area around Hotel Street. Lots of seedy places. Hawaii has a real problem with crystal meth (called "ice"). Prostitutes used to wander around Waikiki every night, but the streets have been cleaned up and you'll mostly find them just around Hotel Street. The small Chinatown is also adjacent to Hotel Street.

Many homeless people end up living on the beaches.

Active volcanoes! Cowboys (especially on the Big Island). Skiing at the top of some volcanoes. Hiking trails over old lava flows where the rock is so sharp it destroys your hiking boots in a couple of hours.

Leis. Leis for men and women. For any (even vaguely) special occasion.

Brother Iz!

Business attire: a suit or an aloha shirt and decent pants.

Everybody is late for pretty much everything. Nobody worries about it.

Tourists use umbrellas. Locals get a little wet and don't worry about it. (OK, when it's raining hard all day, even locals will break down and use an umbrella.)

One cool thing about Oahu is that there was a lot of secret underground consruction done in WW2

When I was stationed at the submarine base, everyday on the walk from the barracks to my shop I passed a wooden door set into a retaining wall. It had a sign about who had the key but nothing about what was inside.

One day as I came by it was open and had a radio playing inside. If it had been secret they would have shut the door behind them. So I went in. It had been a air raid shelter, and they kept emergancy supplies stored there.

There was also a full N.B.C. bomb shelter under the barracks :thumbup:

When I was stationed at the submarine base, everyday on the walk from the barracks to my shop I passed a wooden door set into a retaining wall. It had a sign about who had the key but nothing about what was inside.

One day as I came by it was open and had a radio playing inside. If it had been secret they would have shut the door behind them. So I went in. It had been a air raid shelter, and they kept emergancy supplies stored there.

There was also a full N.B.C. bomb shelter under the barracks :thumbup:

Dude, there is a full on NBC shelter under the state library...it even still had suplies stacked up sinse the 50's or so (this was late 70's) locked up, but keys are not hard to find...

Hey can we get a "Hula" smilie?

I'm thinking 'Lono' as a codename for Rafi' date=' after a god of fertility/music and a warrior culture hero. Still unsure, kind of obscure and may rhyme with 'Bono'.[/quote']

Lono is pronounced "low" (the opposite of high) "no" (the opposite of yes).

People might kid him about being "ono" -- delicious. Not a bad thing. Probably quite funny and with overt sexual overtones.