History question

Ghost Face

I have not seen what's in the Millennium City sourcebook, so I don't know the exact details behind the destruction of Detroit. I was curious though because I was flipping through my fourth edition book and wondered what happened to the Champions that were on that team and if the members left off that team died in the battle with Dr Destroyer? If they did not die, were they just written out of the continuity?

Those members were Seeker, Obsidian, Quantum, Solitaire and Jaguar.

Re: History question

What about Flare, Marksman and Gargoyle?

Maybe the team name "the Champions" has been used by several groups. James Harmon IV was in the 4th version of the Champions team with Seeker, Obsidian, etc. and then after his team was killed in the Battle of Detroit (he escaped with just his armour destroyed) he found Nighthawk, etc. and founded the fifth edition of the Champions.

What about Flare, Marksman and Gargoyle?

Maybe the team name "the Champions" has been used by several groups. James Harmon IV was in the 4th version of the Champions team with Seeker, Obsidian, etc. and then after his team was killed in the Battle of Detroit (he escaped with just his armour destroyed) he found Nighthawk, etc. and founded the fifth edition of the Champions.

Flare, Marksman, and Gargoyle (along with Icestar and Giant) were part of the San Fransisco Guardians in 1st edition. When they made the comic book, they were renamed the "Champions" in order to tie into the game better.

Flare' date=' Marksman, and Gargoyle (along with Icestar and Giant) were part of the San Fransisco Guardians in 1st edition. When they made the comic book, they were renamed the "Champions" in order to tie into the game better.[/quote']

Okay. I had come in during 3rd, and remember the comic characters almost as well.

The reason why Cryotron is drawn on the back of the 4th edition enemies book and never actually appears inside it is because of Dennis. He wanted to make comic books with the characters, and sued them to retain the rights to his creations. At the time, Hero didn't have things like Cryptic's attorneys, so somehow, Dennis won.

About a hundred characters disappeared. Marksman, Flare, Giant, Rose, the Corruptors of All, the Black Enchantress, Doctor Arcane and many others.

He even has a version of Foxbat called Flying Fox. And it's EXACTLY the same character.

My game is filled with, therefore, tributes to many of these characters. Some of them are vicious and backhanded, others are more subtle.

Nonetheless, the thing that annoys me the most about what Dennis did was that in so doing, he effectively created "Negative History" for the history of the game itself.

It's like the ABA. (The American Basketball Association) But that's a story in and of itself.

The NBA took what they could and ditched the rest. This is the same story, just with Champions.