Gigaton is up

Lord Liaden

http://www.champions-online.com/villains/gigaton#

An interesting elaboration of Tim Colton's character; I'm impressed at how Cryptic has added dimensions to him. The feature also hints at what's been happening to the "true" Dr. Destroyer's organization while DD has been keeping his head down.

And IMHO Gig's new costume is pretty snazzy! :cool:

Re: Gigaton is up

According to Steve Long, in the new Cryptic Studios CU timeline Albert Zerstoiten is still MIA, and "Shadow Destroyer" appeared to take his place in 2001.

I would expect MMO players to be caught in a major crossfire when Cryptic decides it's time for Zerstoiten to bring his wrath down on his "imposter."

According to Steve Long, in the new Cryptic Studios CU timeline Albert Zerstoiten is still MIA, and "Shadow Destroyer" appeared to take his place in 2001.

I would expect MMO players to be caught in a major crossfire when Cryptic decides it's time for Zerstoiten to bring his wrath down on his "imposter."

Hope we get to see that.

The book of the Destroyer had a bit of narration where Zerstroiten felt unaccountable fear & unease and had to move his operations to the moons of Jupiter to escape it. The implication was that the presence of the Shadow Destroyer was causing some kind of feedback.

I'd guess it is a plot line they are saving for later: He finds out the source of the interference & removes it. The players deal with the fallout.

The book of the Destroyer had a bit of narration where Zerstroiten felt unaccountable fear & unease and had to move his operations to the moons of Jupiter to escape it. The implication was that the presence of the Shadow Destroyer was causing some kind of feedback.

I'd guess it is a plot line they are saving for later: He finds out the source of the interference & removes it. The players deal with the fallout.

I asked Darren and Steve about that, and supposedly this is a kind of placeholder story that allowed them to introduce the Shadow Destroyer while not disrupting the already told story for 5th Ed Champions Universe, which had him coming back several years ago. This detail, along with Shadow Destroyer being an alternate-dimension Defender, are not verified as having anything to do with the one in the Champions MMO.

But you never know. I thought it was a pretty good story.