Lucha Libre Hero

Here's the back-cover text for LLH. ;)

GET READY TO BODYSLAM EVIL!

Colorful masks! Rippling muscles! Fiendish monsters! Deadly takedowns! Psychotronic plot twists! Welcome to Lucha Libre Hero, the game of heroic masked Mexican wrestlers dedicated to combating evil in the ring and on the streets of Mexico City. Inspired by the extensive film legacy of such popular figures as El Santo, Blue Demon, and Mil Mascaras, Lucha Libre Hero pits heroic Luchadors against the supernatural monsters, mad scientists, and menacing mobsters that populate the world of classic Mexican cinema — not to mention the ever-present menace of their malevolent wrestling enemies!

Lucha Libre Hero includes everything you need to roleplay exciting masked wrestling adventures. It includes:

—A thorough review of the Mexican wrestling horror cinema genre, including its history, elements, themes, and cultural impact

—Extensive information for creating Lucha Libre characters, including Package Deals, Actions Stunts, and an extensive list of wrestling maneuvers

—Advice for GMs about creating and running entertaining Lucha Libre games

—A sourcebook including sample heroic Luchadors, evil Rudos, monsters, mobsters, mad scientists, and an extraordinary vision of Mexico City extrapolated backwards from hundreds of hours of film viewing!

Get ready to drop the Elbow of Mexico on evildoers with Lucha Libre Hero!

SKU: DOJHERO401

Price: $29.99

You can buy a copy of LLH in our Online Store: https://www.herogames.com/viewItem.htm?itemID=238817

Re: Lucha Libre Hero

I just got my hardcopy a couple of days ago.

OK, I know I'm heavily biased, but this book is really cool. I thought it was cool before, but actually having it in my hands, looking at that beautiful cover, it's 31 flavors of awesome! If you like superheroes, cinematic action, pulp adventures, and a touch of the bizarre, you'll like Lucha Libre Hero. :thumbup: :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

RPGNet review by James Gillen here:

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/14/14396.phtml

The executive summary? "The HERO System. Severe alcohol abuse. Two great tastes that taste great together. I think."

Also: "You know how people say, “HERO System's OK, I guess, but it's too dry and technical”? And then some other people say, “You know it would be really great if they summoned Hunter S. Thompson from the dead and got him to write a Hero Games sourcebook”?

Lucha Libre HERO is for those people."

Great review, James.

I confess, I'm exactly one of those people. I played Hero for decades but eventually grew tired of its need to exactly quantify everything. That said, I have to admire the dedication and genuine passion the developers and writers have for the material.

I didn't think it was possible, but now I'm even more hyped to get my copy of 'Lucha Hero'.

Thanks James. That review basically turned me from a "hmm, mexican wrestling?" to a "that sounds grrrreeeeaaaat!" :D

It'll probably get quite a lot of views as well being on rpg.net so hopefully will only do good things for sales. :thumbup:

I think your point on "this book packs attitude" was also a good one. We like attitude! :)

I just got my copies this week, and have been bemoaning the fact that I only have time to skim due to a deadline crunch at work. But what I have read so far is multiple favors of awesome.

I particularly love the character write-ups for the heroes and villains. Caveman Cortez! Blonde Martians in gold lamé gladiator armor! Ms. Dr. Frankenstein!

I did wonder if I missed an index entry for El Roboto Diablico, though.

Thanks Bill.

I got the joke (several of my friends were crew on the show, so naturally I was a religious viewer), but my one tiny disappointment with the book so far was not finding an interior reference when I was skimming.

Oh well, maybe for Lucha Libre II: Psychotronic Jarabe? :D

edited to add: Aha! I just ran across the reference in Craneo Llameante's background. All is right with the world!

:thumbup:

• 3 months later...