Confused about 6th edition

Re: Confused about 6th edition

Okay...I still don't get it. The 2nd post says at first that 6th Edition will come in two books: Characters...and Combat & Adventuring.

Then the post goes on to talk about two rulebooks: basic and advanced. So are there four books or what? How does the basic and advanced rulebooks fit with the Characters and Combat & Adventuring books? Is there a basic and advanced version of each (by each I mean Characters and Combat & Adventuring)?

Here's how I understand it

There will be a Character Creation book and a Combat and Adventuring book and later an Advanced Player's Guide with extra and more optional rules that weren't considered important enough to include in the two core books

In addition there will be slimmed down "basic" book similar to Hero sidekick with somewhat simplified rules. I am not sure when it will be released. I think at about the same time as the two core books.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaks down like this:

Character Creation and Combat & Adventuring will be two books that contain the full Sixth Edition Hero Rules. All the Powers, all the Examples, genre information, and so on. These are the two Core Rules Books that are Sixth Edition Hero and will be the only thing some groups ever need.

The Basic Rules Takes those two books, strips out a lot of examples, some Powers, some Skills, and a few other bits and combines them into one rule book - a sort of Beginners Hero System if you want to look at it that way.

Advanced Player's Guide will be additional Rules, optional rules, alternate rules and just rules-wonk rules that you can introduce should you need more or want alternate ways of using the main rules. This book is not needed to play, it's just going to be extra stuff to showcase just how far you can take Hero should you need to.

Is anyone else utterly confused why this thread has lasted past the second post?

Not in the least. Several people asked questions related to the initial question, and as is sometimes the case with questions about the books themselves Steve decided to throw his $.02 in. Where is the confusion?

The questions I have are:

What is the dietary requirement for 6th Edition?

When should I feed 6th Edition?

Also what to do if 6th Edition stops eating?

1) The souls of the innocent

2) Once a week, turn it towards the sun, never after midnight

3) It may have Stasis, contact your vet immediately.

If you have an ******** lasting more than four hours, stop using 6th Edition and consult your doctor immediately.

Women who are nursing, pregnant or may become pregnant will have absolutely no problems using or handling 6th Edition. (And isn't it a relief to have something you can handle safely?)

6th Edition is for entertainment purposes only.

Women who are nursing' date=' pregnant or may become pregnant will have absolutely no problems using or handling 6th Edition. (And isn't it a relief to have something you [i']can[/i] handle safely?)

LOL. Likewise, bachelorettes who play Sixth Edition should do so at least fifty miles from any male Hero System fan, or run the serious risk of becoming engaged, married, pregnant, or at least drooled at. ;)

Women who are nursing' date=' pregnant or may become pregnant will have absolutely no problems using or handling 6th Edition.[/quote']

…but probably not Character Creation and Combat & Adventuring at the same time. Unless of course she also purchased Two Weapon Fighting.

…but probably not Character Creation and Combat & Adventuring at the same time. Unless of course she also purchased Two Weapon Fighting.

Now there's an interesting (if cheap) perk -- Two Book Reading. You can read two books at the same time, one in each hand, without sacrificing comprehension. Turning the pages is likely to be an adventure, though....

Now there's an interesting (if cheap) perk -- Two Book Reading. You can read two books at the same time' date=' one in each hand, without sacrificing comprehension. Turning the pages is likely to be an adventure, though....[/quote']

That's where her Extra Limbs come in handy, among other places. And frankly I do not need to know where your imagination goes with that one! :P

[puts on his best British accent] its not a matter of where she GRIPS IT... look' date=' a two armed person cannot read two books simultaneously! its a simple matter of weight ratios![/quote']

But they are not strangers to our climes!

On second thought, let's not go to Indianapolis. It is a silly place.