Announcing Kazei 5, Second Edition

Susano

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Announcing Kazei 5, Second Edition

sounds like a winer

BTWijust got the k-5 pdf and noticed you haveone complcation written twice,a misprint?

Page number?

We checked the manuscript multiple times with multiple people. Still... mistakes happen.

I have an idea for a K5 scenario, in which the PCs must deliver a young, injured esper weapon to a certain location for rescue. Complications include this being the Zone during Jinsei's invention. So you get firefights in the streets, general mayhem, and Jinsei's Wolf Brigade trying to gun-down everything they see. Not to mention anti-esper units and cyberdroids. Basically 4 hours of mayhem.

Whaddya thing, sirs?

I like it. The question is, will it play in Indianapolis?

I like it. The question is' date=' will it play in Indianapolis?[/quote']

Right now, I can't say.

1) I need to get over my illness.

2) I need to finish my work for FFG.

3) I need to get back to my next BlackWyrm project.

4) I need to see where my D3 Games project is heading.

5) I have a number of other con games to complete, that have been sitting idle of years.

6) I want to migrate all of my K5 HD files from 5E to 6E so Dave can sell them as a pack.

Right now, I can't say.

3) I need to get back to me next BlackWyrm project.

5) I have a number of other con games to complete, that have been sitting idle of years.

6) I want to migrate all of my K5 HD files from 5E to 6E so Dave can sell them as a pack.

I'd love to hear more details about items 2-4. :)

Right now, I can't say.

3) I need to get back to my next BlackWyrm project.

Hope you get well soon!

I've finally got K5 in pdf format (my FLGS didn't come through) so I can finally get serious about a demo game for GenCon. But I don't have much time. Sounds like you've got a full plate so I'll see what I can do with the adventure seed you posted.

I've been reading through K5 in my spare time, and in general I'm happy. I don't have a detailed review yet.

One specific thing I do like is the way that things like weapons have an "Effects" section at the beginning of each entry, then a description, and then the HERO build at the very end. For a non-supers game, in which the build is utterly and entirely a means to an end, that's exactly the way it should be

I am currently running a cross-dimensional mini-series of games for our Supers Group to let the GM have a breather and decided to have a scenario set on a another world with a cyber-punk overture. I kindly borrowed from Kazei 5 and gave Ran's powers to 15 year old girl celebrating her quince (her dad is a CEO of Raposo Transport). The players really enjoyed going up against her. Also the Steel Commandos make for a great foils for the PC. All in all, everyone enjoyed themselves.

PS. Luckily the artifact they are carrying can dampen/enhance Psychic powers (once they thought to use it).

Hope you get well soon!

I've finally got K5 in pdf format (my FLGS didn't come through) so I can finally get serious about a demo game for GenCon. But I don't have much time. Sounds like you've got a full plate so I'll see what I can do with the adventure seed you posted.

My plan was to have 6 possible PCs (but only 4 players). Perhaps Ryder, Sandra Blackmore, a replicate, a low-end cyborg, and so on. They need to deliver a (wounded?) esper (young girl?) to a specific location for pick-up by some other espers. Why can't the espers teleport in and get her right now? They (the espers) have never been to the location where the girl now is/ The PCs need to get her to a spot the espers know.

The PCs can get the esper to the location in any number of ways, but need to contend with other Zoners, gangs, cyberdroids, units of Jinsei Wolf Brigade soldiers (as seen in Jin-roh), and so on.

Firefights, chases, escapes, explosions, yadda, yadda, yadda. For an added bonus the pick-up is made by the Empress herself -- after the PCs fight off the last of the attackers. She takes the esper and leaves some needed medical supplies.

Hey Michael I have updated the forum script to include OCV/DCV/OMCV/DMCV. So now the character has her missing characteristics.

What is an hde file? I can't get it to load into Hero Designer.

It is an export format for coding for the board. If you export a character using that, it provides the code that I used when i posted Shiro. Just paste the code in your message. The one problem I have with it is that you have to play around with the columns. It does not do those well but with a little tweaking it works. I do not know who created the code, all I did was modify it to be used as board export. There is a .hdc version of the character that was created in 6th in that post.

All you need to do is put the .hde file into the export directory for HD and just choose it to export to.

Okay. I tried creating my own export format as well. I want a pure tab-only export format for characters, vehicles, computers, and so on, but... gave up when my attempts failed.

BTW' date=' if you're in any way contemplating picking up K5, and you haven't... you should.[/quote']

Preach it, brother man! ^_^

Tell people on the other boards!

Spread the word!

If you'd like to assist with the project to migrate all of my Kazei 5 Hero Designer files for 5th Edition to 6th Edition, please e-mail me directly (see my sig file for the address) and put "K5 HD Project" as the subject.

Thank you.