New to Champions.

Tal_Akaan

Re: New to Champions.

Wish me luck, my group and i are making characters tonight.

Speaking of which.

We are going to play an X-Men type game, anybody know where i could find a sentinel build?

We will be starting with 200 cp's with a max of 150 cp's from disadvantages.

Don't be afraid to allow everyone to rebuild their characters after a couple of runs. That way noone will be stuck with bad builds caused by being new to the rules :D

Tasha

Wish me luck, my group and i are making characters tonight.

Speaking of which.

We are going to play an X-Men type game, anybody know where i could find a sentinel build?

We will be starting with 200 cp's with a max of 150 cp's from disadvantages.

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/mathew/cssentinel4.html

Apparently it's a 4th edition writeup, but it should play OK. It's not the most powerful Sentinel, but it will do for noob heroes :D

On pg 145 of Champions Universe there is an official 5th edition writeup of a Minuteman Robot (ie Sentinel). It has lower STRength, but it's attacks are more powerful. (PDF available for purchase here: https://www.herogames.com/viewItem.htm?itemID=195689 )

ok quick question.

i'm gonna take density increase, i'm just know sure about something.

with DI it says 5 cp's for every +5 str, +1 PD and +1 ED, ect.

the +1 PD/ED is that in addition to the +1 you would get for your increase in str?

ok quick question.

i'm gonna take density increase, i'm just know sure about something.

with DI it says 5 cp's for every +5 str, +1 PD and +1 ED, ect.

the +1 PD/ED is that in addition to the +1 you would get for your increase in str?

The Strength you get from Density Increase doesn't apply to your figured Characteristics so you don't get extra REC, STUN or PD(Beyond what DI says it gives)

• 2 weeks later...

well unfortunately we have yet to actually play our first game, but the good news is that we will be playing tomorrow.

i hope it goes well. everyone has their characters made and ready to go.

i'll post how it goes to keep everyone informed.

well unfortunately we have yet to actually play our first game, but the good news is that we will be playing tomorrow.

Well Good Luck then! I can't wait to read about how it went :D

tasha

What does the cast of characters look like?

Got some diversity? Overlapping archetypes? Brick heavy, or heavy bricks?

Well there's 3 main characters.

and to be honest 2 of us aren't very creative and just love existing marvel character. so i'm playing a shameless Colossus rip off, one of the guys is playing a wolverine type character, and the third guy is playing a electricity controller with some magnetism stuff and flight and force feild.

i think the group will work well together. we have played these characters in a different system, so we thought it would be good to go with some characters that we already liked and knew what we wanted to do.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Well there's 3 main characters.

and to be honest 2 of us aren't very creative and just love existing marvel character. so i'm playing a shameless Colossus rip off, one of the guys is playing a wolverine type character, and the third guy is playing a electricity controller with some magnetism stuff and flight and force feild.

i think the group will work well together. we have played these characters in a different system, so we thought it would be good to go with some characters that we already liked and knew what we wanted to do.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Nothing wrong with playing homages of your favorite comic characters. So you have a Brick, Energy Projector and a Martial Artist/Killing Machine. Good balance.

well we went through a few encounters, just basic stuff get used to how things work, but i really liked the way things flow in combat. we are gonna incorporate more of the rules as we play on, but overall i like the systems. i like that combat is only as complex as you wanna make it by including or excluding rules.

Another thing to keep in mind is NPCs don't have to be complex either. Most mooks and foes can be a short bit of stat info and 2-3 primary attacks. Often all I'll write down is stats, pd, ed, stun, end, body, power 1/2/3, 1 or 2 skills. Thats it.

And I ballpark stuff it all the time. Especially if I have an active power total going. So if PC's can throw about 60 active points into a power set, no villians is gonna be...much higher. :eg: Just average things out. It works. If a NPC villian is liked/hated by the PC's just take time later to flesh him out.

But you should see my friend, he's so use to the system he can do these kinds of calculations in his head.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so my group and i have played a few times and we all like the system.

but i do have a quick question. i am spending some exp and i wanted to buy a combat maneuver. i'm getting grappling throw and it says that it must follow a grab...

...is that in the same phase of my next phase, after i have my opponent grabbed? or in my next phase if i still have the opponent grabbed?

thanks for your help.