WW2 Mecha

starblaze

The game in question is published by dream pod 9, and uses their silhouette (sp?) system. I believe it comes with conversions for the all-dominating D20 system. I went to http://www.dp9.com (their website, in case you hadn't guessed.) and found a demo game of theirs. They have a PDF demo game for it up here:http://www.dreampod-ent.com/PDF/GKDEMOGAME.pdf. That should work. They not only give you the basics of their game system, they also give you a map, cutout counters, and stats for two WWII Mechs: the American M11A3 General Early and the German PzKpf V Ausf 'B' Valkurie.

As far as converting it to hero? I really wouldn't know. I have ordered some of their games (the Jovian Chronicles line) just to slake my irrational thirst to learn new game systems, but I haven't recieved them yet. DP9's core concept there was "what if the Super Science promised in the pulp fiction of the 20's and 30's had come to pass". Ergo, you should just draw up a list of different types of weapons and units that fit the bill (by which I mean, make three or four kinds of supertanks, a dozen walkers, maybe a fixed position ray gun, a rocketeer or two . . .) and go from there.

Meanwhile, Gear Krieg is supposed to be a wargame as well as rpg. If someone would post a few pointers on how to wargame in HERO, I for one would be interested.

Originally posted by Sociotard

Meanwhile, Gear Krieg is supposed to be a wargame as well as rpg. If someone would post a few pointers on how to wargame in HERO, I for one would be interested.

Check the Mass Combat rules in Fantasy Hero. They're pretty good, and easy to adapt to WW2 Hero.

I can't remember what the title was, but there was a Japanese

manga/comic book series out some years ago that had "mecha in WW2" as its theme. If you're lucky enough to know someone who collects that sort of comic book, maybe he or she would happen to not only know that particular title, but also have some copies of it that you could check out for campaign ideas.

Space Cadet :cool:

Originally posted by Space Cadet

I can't remember what the title was, but there was a Japanese

manga/comic book series out some years ago that had "mecha in WW2" as its theme. If you're lucky enough to know someone who collects that sort of comic book, maybe he or she would happen to not only know that particular title, but also have some copies of it that you could check out for campaign ideas.

There is one version of this theme called Alien Defender Geo-Armor/Kishin Corps.

Pretty cool anime (IMO).