Transgendered Superperson

Kal'El Wayne

Re: Transgendered Superperson

Steel Circuits' date=' my Power-Armour character, is a man but also a transvestite and would not be very worried about being a woman, especially since his armour could adjust to his new form, and hide it if necessary.[/quote']

Yah, just hammer out the breastplate :D

How long does he/she spend in the suit? Because they might discover the drawbacks of catheters if it's too long....

(one of the pages from "How To Be A Superhero" springs to mind... the one with the Powersuit at Niagara Falls....)

Also' date=' Kickback? The players who claim that they couldn't do a particular character aspect justice are usually the ones who would do it best, because they are so conscious of any flaw in their portrayal.[/quote']

That's very nice, thank you.

Well, Beater is a power suit hero, so I'm not sure how a change of body would affect her powers, really. She probably wouldn't even mind having a male metabolism and (presumably) improved height and muscle mass. He concern would be the transformation would cost her her day job. There are transgendered high school teachers, but they tend to get a lot of flak for it.

Eris would just think it was funny and run with it.

It would have to be a magical curse. Altho Vitus has annoyed a fair number of goddesses in the past, and powerful fey, so they're likely culprits too.

If Vitus were truer to the Spotted Hyena that's theoretically somewhere in gnoll ancestry, then the switch from male to female wouldn't make much difference, at external glance. He-as-a-she would just be larger, tougher, and considerably more nasty.

500408949721_lrg.png

However, the Auran gnolls at some point abandoned that little feature of hyena evolution.

It would certainly irritate Vitus, given 'her' unquestioned assumption that females are lesser beings ( Aura was not an enlightened planet ). It might even lead to 'her' being less merciful to any women 'she' runs into.

Of course anybody that comments wittily on the change would be getting the benefit of their own sex change, without anesthetic

Wouldn't work permanently for Sylph, who is a part-time Maenad and Champion of Dionysius. Not that her patron might not be amused by the idea in the short term, and could play a practical joke on her as a test or just to see how she copes, but her powers manifest however Dionysius intends them to and really Maenads are supposed to be female. The next time Sylph becomes Maenad, the changes would reverse themselves.

Soulbarb changing sex could be a more permanent deal, due to her having been soulbound to a male demon, depending on where she is in her career. Early in her career, she has serious issues concerning her sexuality, and is effectively celibate as a result, so while this won't have a lot of impact on her actions, she'd still wind up with a truckload of angst over it. Nevertheless, if knowing that her immortal soul is damned or at least at risk from her use of the demon's power isn't enough to stop her from using it, a sex change probably would ultimately not do the trick either.

Later in her career, after her outlook has changed somewhat and she's managed to rid herself of the bond with the demon (itself a rather traumatic event), her mystical power starts to bloom in earnest and she would probably be able to reverse the effect herself, given time and research.

1) the only champ's char I play would freak a little and then calm down. of course he has the benefit of advice from all the previous people to have the power set so all those different quirks in physiology/psychology would be easyer to deal with. although that just makes getting the girl he likes kinda harder since i don't think she's a les.

2) sadly my friend Andy doesn't read these boards. I'll send him a link to this. He gets to explain a certain ring/potion/fountain.

• 3 weeks later...

It would have to be a magical curse. Altho Vitus has annoyed a fair number of goddesses in the past, and powerful fey, so they're likely culprits too.

If Vitus were truer to the Spotted Hyena that's theoretically somewhere in gnoll ancestry, then the switch from male to female wouldn't make much difference, at external glance. He-as-a-she would just be larger, tougher, and considerably more nasty.

500408949721_lrg.png

Now that's a babe. :love:

Give me some of that hyena Amazon lovin'!

Now that's a babe. :love:

Give me some of that hyena Amazon lovin'!

heh - If you're unfamiliar with spotted hyena anatomy, you might be in for a surprise...

(but yes, I'm very pleased with my Gnolls in Spore, and the various havoc they've caused)

Red Moutain - "Umm...Mom?" He stop surfing and go find the closet Volcano for a chat with mother. He'd doubt she's the one who did this to 'her', but Mom's canny about fixing this kinda stuff.

Brand X - "You mean it's tied to my genotype? What the hell were the scientists that made me thinking? Can we get me down to the lab and run some samples? Maybe we can fix this with out the power loss. My DNA is custom, but I think it might be some retro virus attack."

Zoner - Whoa, he's never seen one of his hosts do that! Umm. Well, I guess he could find another, but this might be fun.

Anthem would have no clue in how to react. With no specific ties, she'd pick up and leave town to start over somewhere else.

Audra Blue would suspect this was a simulation and that someone had hacked into one of the virtual worlds she created and altered her character. But if she could convince herself it wasn't the case, she would keep it a secret, assuming it's just that she grew "a part". If there's no other outward appearance, she'd do everything she could to research this sort of thing, but she'd let no one close know anything.

Uncle Slam, or is that Aunt Slam? He'd retire. Heck, he'd go make contact with some of his non-public contacts (Atlanteans first probably) and see if there's a cure. A lot of who he is is definitely tied up in his gender identity, especially since he's been a HE for over a hundred years.

While Prospero would relish the chance for a normal life, the one thing s/he'd be concerned about is that if he gave up his powers to stay male, would he begin to age normally at that point or would suddenly 150+ years of living strike at him all at once, killing him?

Ningyo would definitely give up her powers to stay female. It'd be curious if this sort of thing was genetic and how her half-dead, demonically possessed sleeper agent unknown to her twin brother would handle this sort of thing (or how his keepers would handle it).

Iceberg would grimly bear the sex change. After all, there's a war going on and those rat Nazi bastards need to be put down. And this may have been a ploy by the evil Doktor Wotan...

Osprey: "You mean I can FINALLY give up being a mutant freak?! I can have my life back again?!"

Robin Fletcher - Robin doesn't have any super powers, but as an Alchemist this scenario could be done as a potion gone horribly wrong. He wouldn't deal with it very well though. He's a old fashioned kind of guy. A rather macho man's man type. Besides, having boobs would mess with his archery :P He'd be searching for a cure for the rest of his days. On the plus side, at least he already knows how to braid his own hair. Oddly, he wouldn't even have to change either of his names... Robin is his stage name. His real name is Jesse. He could never face his father, but then he despises the man as is so that's a non issue.

Chimera - Is a metamorph that combines various animal and human features. His current hybrid form has monkey, cat and bat attributes. In the grand scheme of things, having his gender changed would just be a new twist on the same old "curse".

Honestly, he would find it fascinating from a scientific point of view. He may not even mind it all that much really, though it might cause some problems at work. But we never established if he was hetero or bi. It's something of a running gag that he and one of the other male PC's occasionally got into situations that led folks to believe they were a couple (they were not).

Did I mention he's Brazilian? That sort of thing tends to be accepted there a bit more readily than in the states. Chimera's mother would deal with this pretty well I think. She's in on his secret ID and knows how bizarre his powers are. His father, who is his archnemesis and the deranged geneticist that is the source of his powers, wouldn't give it a second thought. All part of the plan, you see! In fact, it would probably lead to a lengthy battle while the two of them argued about African Reed Frogs... and possibly parthogenesis... :nonp:

Besides' date=' having boobs would mess with his archery :P [/quote']

Actually, thats a misconception. I was a JOAD Master Archer in high school, and one of the archers on our team was a girl with a MASSIVE *ahem* endowment. It never bothered her a bit. It all depends on where your draw comes back to. If you draw your bow so that the string aligns on your chin and tip of your nose, with your hand along your cheek (like we were all taught to do at my school), theres no problem, even for a top-heavy woman.

This segment of Useless Information brought to you by Random-Os. "Random-Os; the breakfast cereal that keeps you guessing!".

Actually' date=' thats a misconception...[/quote']

Sigh. I know. It was a joke. :straight:

But I can relate to wanting to clear up misconceptions...

Just kind of irritated (with myself) 'cause I actually was going to type up a disclaimer about it, and decided to err on the side of brevity for once... and it bites me in the ass...

Glad I deleted the comment about going Amazon :sneaky:

Actually, thats a misconception. I was a JOAD Master Archer in high school, and one of the archers on our team was a girl with a MASSIVE *ahem* endowment. It never bothered her a bit. It all depends on where your draw comes back to. If you draw your bow so that the string aligns on your chin and tip of your nose, with your hand along your cheek (like we were all taught to do at my school), theres no problem, even for a top-heavy woman.

This segment of Useless Information brought to you by Random-Os. "Random-Os; the breakfast cereal that keeps you guessing!".

But can you draw to your ear, like longbowmen did?

But can you draw to your ear' date=' like longbowmen did?[/quote']

Sorry, Bloodstone, my "humor-o-meter" was damaged. Ive run into many, many people who -seriously- believe that a well-endowed girl cant shoot a bow. Kind of a knee-jerk reaction for me.

Yansuf, its easily possible, and there are many different styles of draw and grip-release. Drawing to your ear gives you more "pull", but your sacrificing accuracy. Drawing to your nose/lips/chin means that (a) you're better aligned for sighting, and (B) you're also much more consistent on where you pull back to, again increasing your accuracy.

I was shooting archery back before compound ("pulley") bows became common place. In fact, there was considerable debate as to whether compound bows were "cheating" (I personally think they are). You can get a -very- powerful recurve bow without resorting to a compound bow. So pulling to the chin is just better all around, IMHO.

(Honestly, all compound bows do is take the strain off your draw -after- youve gotten the bow pulled back. They dont really let you pull a heavier bow, they just let you hold it longer without wearing youself out).

....Ill shut up now :)

Riff, Rocker Grrl "What?! I'm a (^#)^@ guy?! I better not end up looking like one of those Pretty Boy Band *&^(% and I will rip a new one on whoever's responsible if I loose my caluses!" (She plays guitar). I doubt going back to female would affect her powers to much (if at all) as she gets her powers from a magical Fender Stratocaster.

Techie As he's a gadgetteer, it wouldn't affect him much either power-wise. But trying to explain turning female to his girlfriend who's not in on the secret would be an entire session in itself :)