Ruroni Kenshin Writeups?

Michael Hopcroft

Has anyone written up any of the charaters from the Meiji-era anime series Ruroni Kenshin ? I wonder how many points it's worth to have such kick-tail swordsmanship skills that you can disable people with a sword without disemboweling them by the simple act of fitting your blade backwards....

I've run a campaign that was decidedly Kenshin-esque. One of the PC's was a Samurai in the Kenshin mold (used a Battojutsu style and everything). The PC's were all 150 pts (to start).

You could easily make Kenshin (and others on his level like Saito, Aoshi, Shishio, Enishi etc) on 200-250pts and be fairly accurate. Multipowers are king.

Spelling sucks, but any clues on how to do the "Omi Kakaru Ryu no Hara Meki" (this is the one that he hits his enemy so hard it creates a vacuum holding him in place and he swings around and hits them again (I was thinking a 2d6 HKA with AFx2 or something...)

Trying to put together a samurai villain for my Champions game that is based on Kenshin

Yes, I've written that one up before.

I simulated the vacuum with Telekinesis (only for grab). The TK holds them in place and you get a free whack on them with some good bonuses.

It could also be done with an HKA-Autofire-2 or better still;

HKA (standard)

HKA: AE-1 hex (so the attack cannot be dodged, but it can be blocked) Linked to 1st HKA.

Thats probably the most servicable option.

I was thinking entangle for the vaccuum portion of the attack, with attacker+entangle both take damage. So he lines up a nasty shot on the guy with his next phase or two while the enemy is held. However a TK grab would work too. Heck, maybe a CE that imposes huge combat penalties.

Of course, the way I saw the attack working, it's one really powerful hit, followed by the vaccuum. Any followup moves aren't connected to the technique and involve hammering the opponent when he can't fight properly.