It's the Little Things....

Lucius

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: It's the Little Things....

I had a character with...

Loud Headphones: Darkness to Hearing Group 1" radius, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (7 Active Points); OAF (-1), No Range (-1/2)

As a joke on a teen skater character... which turned out to be pivotal to block the verbal commands of a mentalist's mind control later!

I had a character with...

Loud Headphones: Darkness to Hearing Group 1" radius, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (7 Active Points); OAF (-1), No Range (-1/2)

As a joke on a teen skater character... which turned out to be pivotal to block the verbal commands of a mentalist's mind control later!

:thumbup:

BRAVO SK8ER BOI!

A power I have that's appropriate for anybody named Joshua.

3 Tumbling Down: Telekinesis (2 STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect (1" Radius; +1), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (10 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Affects Whole Object (-1/4), Limited Power Only To Knock Things Over / Make Things Fall (-1/4)

• 2 years later...

Do you think this is appropriately costed?

Sure Shot: +2 with "Cover" (6 Active Points); Limited Power Only if the shot is taken immediately (-1/2) Real Cost: 4

Player must specify which class of weapons this talent is taken for; bows, crossbows, etc. and the character must have at least one Skill Level with the weapon selected. The character may "hold fire" until certain of making a shot. If a roll would miss the target, but the roll is less than 18, the character did not actually take the shot; the attack action was still expended, but no ammunition was lost, and no targets other than the intended are put at risk.

Lucius Alexander

And a little palindromedary

Do you think this is appropriately costed?

Sure Shot: +2 with "Cover" (6 Active Points); Limited Power Only if the shot is taken immediately (-1/2) Real Cost: 4

Player must specify which class of weapons this talent is taken for; bows, crossbows, etc. and the character must have at least one Skill Level with the weapon selected. The character may "hold fire" until certain of making a shot. If a roll would miss the target, but the roll is less than 18, the character did not actually take the shot; the attack action was still expended, but no ammunition was lost, and no targets other than the intended are put at risk.

Seems pretty appropriate (though, if it were in a campaign where ammunition was hard to come by, I wouldn't necessarily allow it), and I may have to steal that.

One of mine, which I haven't fully checked for legality:

Skeleton Key:

Teleport 1m, AoE (2m Radius, +1/4), Usable Simultaniously (+1/2), Constant (+1/2), x2 Mass, Gate (-1/2), Gate must be on either side of a door (-1), OAF (-1) [13 Active points; 4 real cost]

For the barely more than the cost of the Lockpicking skill, you can lockpick any door with 100% effectiveness, even if the lock cannot naturally be picked, like a magic lock.

That's very nice: although it is very cheap it could well be the defining points of the entire build.

Here's one I like - one sneeze and the galaxy is destroyed:

Energy Blast 100d6, Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset; When sneezing; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Area Of Effect (425" Radius; +1), Transdimensional (Any Dimension; +1), MegaScale (1" = 100,000 lightyears; +4 3/4) (4750 Active Points)

Er...hang on, I might be a couple of orders of magnitude out there...

At 425" Area of effect, Radius and Megascale at 1"= 100,000 Light years, thats an area of effect of 42 million 5 hundred thousand light years, which creates an area of complete destruction that is 85 million light years across in total. With those distances, not only will that take out your own galaxy, but the local group and in all likelihood, your entire galactic cluster creating a nice noticeable hole in the universe!

And with Transdimensional, it's possible that attack could poke a hole in all universes, creating a big hole in the Multiverse. What would the annihilation of such an unfathomable amount of matter, including Dark Matter do to the structural integrity of the multiverse? Would gravity from the various universes then leak into other universes, pulling multiple universes together through the hole, causing them to merge like galaxies passing through one another? Or would the Dark Energy of the various universes leak through instead, and the combination of the Dark Energy of all Universes coming through simultaneously cause the universe to fly apart into the void near instantaneously?

Is it bad that I have a character on my centurions who would probably survive that if he knew it was coming? He'd be KO'd, in deep GM territory, but he has enough body/defenses that it would not kill him outright (Would probably die in about 2 minutes without medical help however)

Is it bad that I have a character on my centurions who would probably survive that if he knew it was coming? He'd be KO'd' date=' in deep GM territory, but he has enough body/defenses that it would not kill him outright (Would probably die in about 2 minutes without medical help however)[/quote']

I think there are some published characters that could survive that. (Hey, is this how Dreadstar got started?)

There are in the bestiary the Djinn comes close and all but the earth elementals could survive, the Giant Space Amoeba would just get ticked off. Once we start looking at master villains it looks like most will survive but be knocked out for a bit.

TAKOFANES will be 'stunned' but on an average roll he will be back in the fight after his segment 12 recovery!

Doctor Destroyer will be stunned and loose an action if he knows it is coming.

Mechanon will be stunned as well and he does not even need to be expecting it.

Seems pretty appropriate (though, if it were in a campaign where ammunition was hard to come by, I wouldn't necessarily allow it), and I may have to steal that.

One of mine, which I haven't fully checked for legality:

Skeleton Key:

Teleport 1m, AoE (2m Radius, +1/4), Usable Simultaniously (+1/2), Constant (+1/2), x2 Mass, Gate (-1/2), Gate must be on either side of a door (-1), OAF (-1) [13 Active points; 4 real cost]

For the barely more than the cost of the Lockpicking skill, you can lockpick any door with 100% effectiveness, even if the lock cannot naturally be picked, like a magic lock.

Having the key might be legal, but using it to open a locked door and steal my Sure Shot would constitute burglary I think.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary just rolls its eyes

Speaing of little things

Munchkin Power: short: +2 DCV, Inherent (+1/4) (12 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/2), Limited Power Not vs non-ranged attacks by characters the same size or smaller. (-1/2) Real Cost: 6

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary observes, that was short