Lifetime Subscription

Steve

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Lifetime Subscription

And it's not like CoH is perfect. They are just now getting around to allowing us to change the colours of our powers. Just now? Really? Colour changes? After, what, five years? REALLY? JUST NOW? Can you tell I'm a bit incredulous? It's a tiny, tiny bit of data that would be rendered (and have all the actual work done) by the client. It's a fairly simple change. But other stuff was 'more important.'

And AE has just about totally killed the game. The only people who haven't really noticed is some of my SG/Champions friends. Some of them ONLY play when we play together on Tuesday nights. For the rest of us, PUGs are non-existant or consist of 5 of 8 of the people having never done anything except AE. Which strikes me as so odd. How is it possible that such a large majority of the players you run into these days have only advanced characters through a method that hasn't even been around for six months? Did everyone else quit?

Colour customization was absolutely not a "Simple change." The colours were hard-baked into the sets, and adjusting them was going to be a colossal expenditure of effort. The discussions went into that ad-nauseum on the boards, including some pretty detailed explanations by the devs. IT was only with the infusion of resources and personnel that they were finally able to do it.

As for AE...I'm pretty certain that is going to change with Issue 16 and the death of boss-farms. Even currently, I'm generally able to find a group with little to no effort. I run with PuG Task Forces all the time. I hear people griping about how the game is dying and just shake my head. I'm on a fairly populated server, though, so that may explain part of it.

As for Champions Online...I'm passing. I tried it, and it just doesn't float my boat. The art style and gameplay really don't fit with what I want from an MMORPG, though I can see how it'd mesh a lot better with other people. I do like the ability to take powers from different sets, but overall, I prefer CoH.

I'm considering it. My only reservation is I just don't have much time for recreation now that I'm working again.

Despite my doubts that Ill actually have any time to play the game, I went ahead and got the lifetime subscription...

Thank you for choosing Champions Online.

Thank you for purchasing a Champions Online product.

However, Im a little confused when it asks me for a retail product key. Do I need to buy a physical copy of the game, or can I just download the software and purchase the key?

Despite my doubts that Ill actually have any time to play the game, I went ahead and got the lifetime subscription...

Thank you for choosing Champions Online.

Thank you for purchasing a Champions Online product.

However, Im a little confused when it asks me for a retail product key. Do I need to buy a physical copy of the game, or can I just download the software and purchase the key?

Last I checked you need to by a physical copy of the game. I've been playing since the closed beta, and from what I can tell the only thing I need the game box for is the key. Seems odd to me that I can't just buy the key online, but ah well.

I've been playing since closed Beta' date=' but it is letting me play during the Head Start phase with that key after I bought my lifetime subscription. I don't know if it's a big deal, but I will get a copy of the game anyway.[/quote']

My understanding is that Early Start players will continue to be able to play the game without a retail key for a few days after the launch (the 6th is the date that is sticking in my mind) so that they don't get locked out if they can't get a copy right away.

Nonetheless I'm picking up my retail copy tomorrow after work. Got the e-mail confirming that my preorder will be waiting for me. :)