Sixth Edition Showcase #8: APG Goodies

Steve Long

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Sixth Edition Showcase #8: APG Goodies

Hm. I would've gone with a localized Change Environment.
But that just makes the air around the pizza ingredients hot... it doesn't actually do anything to the pizza ingredients. ;) I suppose for the sake of completeness, it should have both Transform (make pizzas) and Change Environment (hot). :winkgrin:

But that just makes the air around the pizza ingredients hot... it doesn't actually do anything to the pizza ingredients. ;) I suppose for the sake of completeness' date=' it should have both Transform (make pizzas) and Change Environment (hot). :winkgrin:[/quote']The pizza ingredients take environmental damage from the extremely hot air.

Steve, if you haven't already abandoned this thread for its ridiculousness, maybe you could include an official write-up of a pizza oven in the APG to stop these debates before they get out of control. Just stick it in some random, unexpected location if nothing else works.... ;)

But that just makes the air around the pizza ingredients hot... it doesn't actually do anything to the pizza ingredients. ;) I suppose for the sake of completeness' date=' it should have both Transform (make pizzas) and Change Environment (hot). :winkgrin:[/quote']

Nah. The power is the Transform. "A pizza oven" is the SFX. You get side effects from the SFX that don't often affect play -- makes hot air is one, you could burn yourself if you touch the wrong part is another, doesn't work if no electricity/gas is available would be a third SFX based consequence.

And we wonder why HERO System newbies sometimes get confused... ;)

"Why yes... yes there are 47 different ways to build a pizza oven in the HERO System. Why do you ask?" :winkgrin:

You want to build a pizza oven in Hero?

**sigh**

What sort? Have you thought about toppings? Is this for commercial use or just feeding the team? How many pizzas do you want to be able to make at once? Will they be organic or are you OK with preservatives?...

...where are you going? :confused:

I once created a Demotivator device for foiling bank robberies. It was 10 points of wealth, AoE, OAF.

Basically a wealth bomb.

Bank is being robbed, chuck in the wealth bomb and suddenly everyone in there is a billionaire: why bother robbing a bank for a few million when you are that rich? By the time the police rush in everyone is wearing dinner jackers, sipping cocktails and ordering Ferrarris.

For some reason the GM wouldn't let me have it.

And this is a surprise HOW, exactly?

One of my old favorite things I will never try to do in Hero is Create Infinite Pizza. You create a pizza that is literally infinite in all dimensions, eventually crowding out all other matter in the universe.

The infinite END required is probably the biggest stumbling block. That and its being rather silly.

One of my old favorite things I will never try to do in Hero is Create Infinite Pizza. You create a pizza that is literally infinite in all dimensions, eventually crowding out all other matter in the universe.

The infinite END required is probably the biggest stumbling block. That and its being rather silly.

Extradimensional Movement: the Dimension of Infinite Pizza.

Someone had to say it.

Yeah, I've had some players come up with the most ridiculous things. I'm not sure which angered me the most. The fact they tried it or the fact they thought I was stupid enough to let them get away with it. My best friend once tried to come up with something called "Mending Shadows" to justify Healing in a darkness-based multipower slot. By the time I was done with him he almost needed his shadows mended!

Yeah' date=' I've had some players come up with the most ridiculous things. I'm not sure which angered me the most. The fact they tried it or the fact they thought I was stupid enough to let them get away with it. My best friend once tried to come up with something called "Mending Shadows" to justify Healing in a darkness-based multipower slot. By the time I was done with him he almost needed his shadows mended![/quote']

Can I have a slot called 'Light in the darkness' which is, basically, a torch?

Huh? It's got 'darkness' in it!

My favorite was Simulate Death, Usable as Attack.

No' date=' no they didn't.....[/quote']

Actually, I was wrong.

Summon Pizza.

The summoned pizza has only one Power: Summon Pizza, Continuous, 0 END....

Make it SPD 1 to save points.

Every 12 seconds, the number of pizzas doubles. Summon the first one in an out of the way place. Heck, summon it on the Moon. (But then you need to build it with full Life Support.)

I once created a Demotivator device for foiling bank robberies. It was 10 points of wealth, AoE, OAF.

Basically a wealth bomb.

Bank is being robbed, chuck in the wealth bomb and suddenly everyone in there is a billionaire: why bother robbing a bank for a few million when you are that rich? By the time the police rush in everyone is wearing dinner jackers, sipping cocktails and ordering Ferrarris.

Why not? Look at the typical Silver Age super villain. If he wanted to get rich, he could just market the technology he used to commit crimes, or just prudently invest the money he would otherwise spend on all those bizarre gadgets and henchmen to rob the bank.

It seems pretty clear they weren't in it for the money ;)