Sixth Edition Showcase #8: APG Goodies

Steve Long

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Sixth Edition Showcase #8: APG Goodies

I think you are misunderstanding Rod. I don't think he was talking about making house rules. I think he was talking about buying skill levels that have Limitations on them instead of needing PSLs for non-combat skills.

No, I understood him correctly.

I guess I'm just seeing a disconnect in that the costs of PSLs for combat use are based on costs of regular combat skill levels and then applying a Limitation value. Ta dah! You then have the cost for a combat PSL, and they are presented as their own construct instead of a Limited combat skill level.

In order to get a non-combat PSL, I have to take a non-combat skill level and apply a Limitation to it to create what is effectively a non-combat PSL. If we have combat skill levels and skill levels presented separately in 6E, why not have non-combat PSLs in addition to combat PSLs? They were discussed in the Ultimate Skill, but they did not make it into the core rules for 6E and apparently won't be included in the APG, which would seem a reasonable place to see them.

Maybe the better answer would have been to ditch combat PSL's in favour of limited skill levels as well.

I just think it makes better sense to present both combat and non-combat PSLs or to do them as Limited combat and non-combat skill levels. To do only combat PSLs as its own construct and then to not have non-combat PSLs as its own construct seems disjointed.

• 1 month later...

This has been one I was looking forward too even if I didn't get 6th.

Sold.

Ditto. This is the product I think most of us have been waiting for, ever since FRED. 6ER will no doubt be a step up from FRED, but APG is where the excitement is at. I'm in danger of drooling on my keyboard...

Guest steamteck

This has been one I was looking forward too even if I didn't get 6th.

Sold.

I'm with you. I'm very exited about this one.

I once created a Demotivator device for foiling bank robberies. It was 10 points of wealth, AoE, OAF.

Basically a wealth bomb.

Bank is being robbed, chuck in the wealth bomb and suddenly everyone in there is a billionaire: why bother robbing a bank for a few million when you are that rich? By the time the police rush in everyone is wearing dinner jackers, sipping cocktails and ordering Ferrarris.

For some reason the GM wouldn't let me have it.

Congratulations! The hero has just funded the supervillains next plan for taking over the world!:eek:

Hope he's Happy