What is your plans for your first 6th Edition game?

Mostlyjoe

I'm in a quandry. I want to run a 6th Edition game. Especially something to lure in new players. I'm mulling over 3 options.

1. A Tokusatsu HERO style game with Masked Rider/Sentai style character fighting Yoma in Neo Tokyo style setting.

2. My "Lazarus Project" game about people coming back to life...with superpowers and the secret socities that wish to control them.

3. A Modern Monster Hunter Agency style game. A touch of the Urban Fantasy Hero theme with Psi/Magic/Monsters.

Any ideas? Thoughts?

What about you? What is your hopes for your 1st HERO6 game?

Re: What is your plans for your first 6th Edition game?

I'm in a quandry. I want to run a 6th Edition game. Especially something to lure in new players. I'm mulling over 3 options.

1. A Tokusatsu HERO style game with Masked Rider/Sentai style character fighting Yoma in Neo Tokyo style setting.

2. My "Lazerus Project" game about people coming back to life...with superpowers and the secret socities that wish to control them.

3. A Modern Monster Hunter Agency style game. A touch of the Urban Fantasy Hero theme with Psi/Magic/Monsters.

Any ideas? Thoughts?

I like the Lazarus Project one: you could start by killing the PCs - very dramatic and cinematic.

As to my first game I'm running an occasional game at present so I'll probably start by converting all the characters and continue running that for practice.

Run the one that appeals to you the most.

As for me, I've already run 5 game sessions using 6e rules, 3 were superhero, 1 was pulp, and 1 was fantasy. However, to a large extent, these were using characters converted from 5e as opposed to 6e characters built from scratch.

2. My "Lazerus Project" game about people coming back to life...with superpowers and the secret socities that wish to control them.

Any ideas? Thoughts?

My 1st 6th Ed game will be an attempt to do an amalgam universe superhero game.

I like the Lazarus Project one: you could start by killing the PCs - very dramatic and cinematic.

Well the basic theme is they've been dead for 6 months-5 years hense. They may have spotty memory of who they are, what happened to them (to get them killed), etc.The 'fresher' the better the memories.

I'm just taking opinions. I'm going to offer them to my potential PCs and see what catches. All 3 have things I like. That's why the quandry.

I plan on running a Champions game. Called Awakened Promethians, it stars characters from the Victorian Era - end of WWII. The Heroes are from this earlier simplier period. They were put into suspended animation for many reasons, for most of them it was to save their lives.

The Heroes have awakened to the present day (2009), to find a world with no experienced Heroes, and plenty of Villains to cause trouble. To make matters worse, all of the Heroes Nemesis' have reappeared and they are more powerful than ever. There will be secret societies and other such fun.

This is my version of The Twelve or at least a bit of a homage to it.

Tasha

I'm converting my 5th ed game set in the Battletech universe, which in turn was converted from Mechwarrior 3rd edition. I've found that, with a few new rules to take into account the universe, that Hero handles low-powered gun play better than the official game did (though now there's a new edition coming from Catalyst...).

In particular, I had great fun creating a custom-built make your own guns and armour system for Battletech characters, using skills, contact, and wealth levels to buy all the doodads one could want. I'm quite curious to see if 6th offers much new for these sorts of lower-point games - most of the new stuff I've seen strikes me as more super-powered in nature.

I'm probably going to convert my Cowboy Bebop/ Firefly/ Martial arts game over to 6e.

My Sunday game is a supers that's having attendance problems, We've been kicking around a "return of magic" Modern world game.... I dunno, I may just go back to updating the characters and making no changes.

We will (in the next few months) be switching back to my campaign, Heroes for Hire. It's rather urban fantasy-esque.

I've got my PDFs (yeah GenCon!) and I've looked through them but I'm a hardcopy kind of guy so am waiting until I actually get the book to read through.

I'm make the final determiner about how far into 6th Edition we'll go then, but I imagine we'll probably go all the way.

From what I've seen so far, the basics are still all there and some stuff has been moved around but it's still Hero.

I always run a short 3-5 session mini-campeign when breaking in new editions of ongoing rules sets. It lets everyone play without wondering how this will impact their ongoing characters. It also gives me a better idea about how to handle conversions.

So.... I'll be running a Luca Libre Hero game with a few buddies. (One of whom was awesome enough to score me the Preorder CD at Gencon!) Apparently, everyone is buying masks in preperation. I wouldn't be suprised if they all show up in turtlenecks.

(Wonders if the new "damage negation: Non-Lucha Libre moves" could replace the "x2 effect from Luchadores" on the Aztec Mummy)

First thing I will tackle my dormant Pulp Hero game. I plan to up the supernatural elements in an effort to entice a few of my players who would just rather play Fantasy Hero all the time.

After that, I'll probably rekindle my first Fantasy Hero campaign world. It's been over 20 years and I think there might be some fun in revisting it with my players.

Somehwere in there, we will have to play some Champions. I haven't run any Champions scenerios in about three years, and it seems long past due.

I(Wonders if the new "damage negation: Non-Lucha Libre moves" could replace the "x2 effect from Luchadores" on the Aztec Mummy)

I suppose. Just like you could buy extra PD and ED that doesn't work against Luchadores. :)

Guest steamteck

If I find its worth it. ( Which really depends on the actual nuts and bolts of the rules), I'll convert my multiverse campaign three 8 1/2' long file card boxes of characters . Its all or nothing for me so I have to be sure. More after I check out the PDF once our appliances stop exploding ( lost the TV and the washer this week).

More after I check out the PDF once our alliances stop exploding ( lost the TV and the washer this week).

You formed an alliance with your T.V. and washer? Tell the truth. Did the T.V. detain one of your journalist and demand nuclear proliferation concessions for her release?