What is your plans for your first 6th Edition game?

Mostlyjoe

Re: What is your plans for your first 6th Edition game?

I plan on converting my current campaign to 6th ed. In fact' date=' I'll be doing it with a Crisis on Infinite Earths style reboot....so it should be fun...[/quote']

I did that when we went from 4th to 5th. It worked really well. I got to resurrect dead NPCs, rearrange villain teams, drop world elements that didn't work out the way I wanted, introduce new 5th edition NPCs, and rewrite a bunch of established character sheets.

We're going for a Film-Noir style game where the PCs are all connected to the (of course powerless) Police in a Cyberpunk game. I can't give details, as I'm not GM. Probably low combat, low action, but I got told there is a huge twist and change of pace 1/3 into the campaign.

Other than that, I want to play some Exalted, since I've recently acquired books and I like it a lot.

I'm wavering. I have a current game that's been running pretty regularly for 4 years and I'm not sure whether to let it run to its conclusion (probably take another year or so) and then start a 6E game, or whether to convert.

Amusingly, in the discussion with the players, the biggest "non-convert" reason is the vanishment of COM, since 3 out of the 6 most active players are heavily invested in COM and social skills. I think it'd be easy enough to simply add back in: for me as GM, the biggest disincentive is converting all the NPCs :P

cheers, Mark

I like the Lazarus Project one: you could start by killing the PCs - very dramatic and cinematic.

I did this in one game. Even better I did it without warning the players, and after they had stated to settle into their characters :D They were all vikings in Ireland and died a heroic battlefield death - only to wake up in Valhalla, where the actual game started. Despite the initial whining as the PCs died one by one, everyone perked up and the game was a roaring success.

cheers, Mark

I'm wavering. I have a current game that's been running pretty regularly for 4 years and I'm not sure whether to let it run to its conclusion (probably take another year or so) and then start a 6E game, or whether to convert.

Amusingly, in the discussion with the players, the biggest "non-convert" reason is the vanishment of COM, since 3 out of the 6 most active players are heavily invested in COM and social skills. I think it'd be easy enough to simply add back in: for me as GM, the biggest disincentive is converting all the NPCs :P

cheers, Mark

COM was kinda important in Kazei 5 2.0 (it's anime-based, so what do you expect?) but I think "Striking Appearance" with it's specific interaction mods works just as well.

COM was kinda important in Kazei 5 2.0 (it's anime-based' date=' so what do you expect?) but I think "Striking Appearance" with it's specific interaction mods works just as well.[/quote']

I've got to say, I really like striking appearance, and how it's more useful (IMHO) than the old Com... I personally think it's a move in the :thumbup: direction.