Sixth Edition Characters

Egyptoid

Re: Sixth Edition Characters

HD6 will support both the 5E and 6E rules, but there will not be any auto-conversion between the two. In fact, taking an existing 5E character and simply changing the template to a 6E template is likely to break a number of things and have generally undesirable results within the application.

The recommended conversion method is to re-key the character using the 6th edition rules template.

HD6 will support both the 5E and 6E rules, but there will not be any auto-conversion between the two. In fact, taking an existing 5E character and simply changing the template to a 6E template is likely to break a number of things and have generally undesirable results within the application.

Cool!

What?

Is there (will there be) a 5E to 6E Conversion document ?

Not in the sense you're considering, if I understand your intent. However, pages 20-21 of 6E1 do have "quick conversion" notes that touch on most of what's changed in terms of character creation so you can quickly look up whether a given ability your character has is one you may need to look at revising.

I myself use a 70-point checklist of things to review for, but it's mainly focused on formatting and other such stuff when I prepare and double-check books.

I am generally against any kind of mathematical conversion. Different rule sets handle things differently. To ignore that is the path to insanity.

I realize Hero 5 and Hero 6 are suppose to be very close relatives, but they are still different systems.

I agree completely. I always think about the 4th->5th edition conversions I did back in the day.

Most of the 4th edition characters didn't need to change at all, but when you looked at all the new options avalible to them under 5th it really made sense to just rewrite a bunch of them.

I am currently writing a small little document on advice and ideas when moving things from 5E to 6E, a lot of it from doing some conversions for Blackwyrm Games for War Of Worldcraft and some coming from looking at my own Characters.

Give me a couple weeks.

A Møøse once bit my sister ...

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...

I am generally against any kind of mathematical conversion. Different rule sets handle things differently. To ignore that is the path to insanity.

While using a mathematical conversion is usually a bad idea, creating (or to a lesser degree, reading) a mathematical conversion is a useful learning exercise.

I realize Hero 5 and Hero 6 are suppose to be very close relatives, but they are still different systems.

Example: when Guardians of Order released Silver Age Sentinels they and Hero collaborated on a book that included conversion guidelines between the two systems. The problem was that when I tried it the results were messy to say the least. That cured me of mathematical conversions, which until that time I went looking for particularly for supers games.

Now I simply model the character if I want to go between systems. And some conversion types I just don't bother with, like converting anything non-d20 into d20.

When you do this, you'll probably never get the points spot-on. My advice is not to worry about the points in this case.

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist"' date=' "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...[/quote']

The people responsible for commenting on this thread have been sacked.

I have both the last fully 5e HD and the new HD with both

I have both open(2 monitors)

when I open a character in the new HD and convert to the new template yep it breaks them ,but since I cannot do a copy paste of background info(this is just text so it does not break)

I then just go through everything and correct it(adding what where figured stats)

I have the old version of the character open so I can see what I did before and how it was arranged before

faster than having to rekey everything but not a converter

I have both the last fully 5e HD and the new HD with both

I have both open(2 monitors)

when I open a character in the new HD and convert to the new template yep it breaks them ,but since I cannot do a copy paste of background info(this is just text so it does not break)

I then just go through everything and correct it(adding what where figured stats)

I have the old version of the character open so I can see what I did before and how it was arranged before

faster than having to rekey everything but not a converter

Realize:

1. You have copy/paste. As detailed in the documentation and numerous threads in the forums: Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V -- standard keyboard controls for copy, cut, paste (respectively).

2. Applying a 6E template to a 5E character will likely break things behind the scenes and have unexpected consequences on the character. Hidden (and uneditable) costs, etc.

it does

that is why I go through each power,talent,skill,etc

this means I delete it and rebuild the power,talent,skill,etc

I'm just so use to right clicking I forget

Realize:

1. You have copy/paste. As detailed in the documentation and numerous threads in the forums: Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V -- standard keyboard controls for copy, cut, paste (respectively).

2. Applying a 6E template to a 5E character will likely break things behind the scenes and have unexpected consequences on the character. Hidden (and uneditable) costs, etc.