The HERO System 6th Edition

Steve Long

Here's our back-cover blurb for 6E:

ANY HERO — ONE SYSTEM!

The best has just gotten even better! The HERO System 6th Edition brings new levels of flexibility and creativity to the acclaimed HERO System, allowing players to create any sort of character, power, gadget, spell, vehicle, monster, or weapon they can think of. Whatever you want to do, in any genre, setting, or time period, the HERO System 6th Edition rules let you do it!

The 6th Edition rules come in two Core Rulebooks, Characters and Combat And Adventuring. Together these two books feature:

—The full HERO System rules, revised and updated for greater consistency, flexibility, creativity, and ease of use

—Options for nearly every element and aspect of the HERO System so you can better create and define characters, campaigns, powers, and everything else to suit your style of play

—Hundreds of example powers, gadgets, abilities, weapons, and spells for all genres, plus a dozen example characters

—A detailed, comprehensive index

So what are you waiting for? It’s time to Be a Hero!

Volume 1 (Character Creation):

SKU: DOJHERO1001

ISBN: 978-1-58366-120-8

Price: $39.99 US

Volume 2 (Combat and Adventuring):

SKU: DOJHERO1002

ISBN: 978-1-58366-121-5

Price: $39.99 US

Set Price: $69.99 US if you buy both books at once

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The HERO System 6th Edition

Steve,

Any chance we can get Black and White PDFs for page printout that won't drain our color ink cartridges?

Thank you for keeping my favorite Superhero game system alive and kicking!

Champions fan since first edition.

Shouldn't you be able to change printer properties to print gray scale?

That would be my suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

The books have not yet made it to the US. As I understand it the ship with the first batch of books will be leaving China (and the printers) on September 10th. It'll probably to about three weeks after that before the actual books start making it to the various distributors. For now you can get the PDF from the Hero Online store and pre-order a copy of the hard backs.

The books have not yet made it to the US. As I understand it the ship with the first batch of books will be leaving China (and the printers) on September 10th. It'll probably to about three weeks after that before the actual books start making it to the various distributors...

Three weeks? Doesn't it take about six weeks for a cargo ship to go from Hong Kong to Los Angeles?

Three weeks? Doesn't it take about six weeks for a cargo ship to go from Hong Kong to Los Angeles?

Boyfriend, who works for a steamship line, says expected travel time from Hong Kong to LA is between 11 and 17 days.

:)

Edit: Because ships are no longer wind powered, the transit times are fairly normalised and the variance in a particular transit is due to the number of ports of call and routing.

Don't forget' date=' this ship has a hold full of 6E HERO System. That's a lot of extra power to draw from. ;)[/quote']

I'm supposed to point out that it doesn't work like that any more.

The books are in a big cargo container thingy, probably sharing space with a bunch of other stuff (probably other books from the same printer). The container is on the deck of the ship stacked up really tall.

I'm supposed to point out that it doesn't work like that any more.

The books are in a big cargo container thingy, probably sharing space with a bunch of other stuff (probably other books from the same printer). The container is on the deck of the ship stacked up really tall.

First, thank you and your boyfriend for the clarification. :) Second, 6E is still aboard, so the essential point remains. Third, mention to him that he's killing the romance of nautical travel. :P

When are these gonna get here?

Reading this...

The books have not yet made it to the US. As I understand it the ship with the first batch of books will be leaving China (and the printers) on September 10th. It'll probably to about three weeks after that before the actual books start making it to the various distributors. For now you can get the PDF from the Hero Online store and pre-order a copy of the hard backs.

...tells me we have at least a few more weeks just for them to arrive in the US. After that they'll still need to be distributed...

Patience Grasshopper, patience...