anyon made a Flash ?

tenebre

Re: anyon made a Flash ?

Originally posted by tenebre

just curious if anyone has.

Working on one myself and wanted to see how people made him.

working with more current flash not the golden age.

I try not to make clones of Marvel or DC guys. You always end up making them too powerful or too weak, or just not quite the same. Then you have to think of eveything you've seen them do, and come up with a power for it. This tends to put them out of scope with playing in a game. I usually just make a character inspired by the guy I want to emulate. Same feel without having to be true to the original. A true Flash clone is going to be so many points as to make him unplayable.

Speedsters are fun to make. You can come up with some great effects.

There are numerous websites with the Flash's stats created. I do not personally use them as statistics are generally created in accordance with how powerful they are perceived by the creator of the statistics and how they fit into that campaign. I've seen Thor's stats with a 40 Con and I've seen him witha 83 Con; I've seen The Hulk with a 30 Con and I've seen him with a 90 Con. If you do look at the Flash's stats, take them as general.

this is a chap i made with the help of all the folks here and heroland :)

Lightspeed

Player: sws

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
35 DEX 75
29 CON 38
10 BODY 0
10 INT 0
10 EGO 0
10 PRE 0
10 COM 0
3/15 PD 0
6/18 ED 0
8 SPD 35
25 REC 32
65 END 4
33 STUN 0
26" RUN02" SWIM03" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 189

Cost Power END
73 Hyper-sonic speed: Running +20" (Position Shift), Combat Acceleration/Deceleration (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (Half END; +1/4) (73 Active Points) (added to Primary Value) 3
7 Instant Change (one set of clothing): Transform 2d6: Clothing into costume and vice-versa (Cosmetic) (10 Active Points); Limited Target (Limited; -1/2) 1
30 Destabilized anti-kinetic costume: Armor (12 PD / 12 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (45 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (added to Secondary Value)
6 Rapid x100 (Normal Sight)
40 Hyper-speed attacks: Multipower, 40-point reserve
3u 1) Friction-burn attack: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2 1/2d6 (vs. ED) (40 Active Points); No STR Bonus (-1/2) 4
2u 2) High impact resistance: Armor(only to protect from damage caused by move thru's and move by's) (26 PD / 0 ED) (39 Active Points); Custom Modifier (-1) (not added to totals)
3u 3) Hyper-speed punch: Hand-To-Hand Attack +8d6 (40 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 4
4u 4) Ultra-fast punch: Energy Blast 8d6 (vs. ED) (40 Active Points) 4
3u 5) Sonic-boom hand clap: Energy Blast 2d6 (vs. ED), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect Nonselective Target (2" Radius; +3/4), No Normal Defense (Standard; +1) (30 Active Points) 3
2u 6) Hyper-speed multi-punch: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (37 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 4
1u 7) Ultra-move: Running +1", Megascale (1" = 100 km; +3/4), Can Be Scaled Down: 1" = 1km (+1/4) (16 Active Points); Side Effects(Sonic boom), Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (-1/2) (not added to totals) 2
Powers Cost: 174

Cost Skill
3 Climbing 16-
3 Acrobatics 16-
6 SS: Chemistry 15-
3 Streetwise 11-
Skills Cost: 15

Cost Talent
17 Combat Sense 13-
5 Lightning Reflexes: +3 DEX to act first with All Actions
6 Speed Reading: x100
Talents Cost: 28

Total Character Cost: 405

Val Disadvantages
15 Social Limitation: Public Identity, Frequently (11-), Major
20 Vulnerability: Cold attacks, Common, Vulnerability Multiplier (2x BODY)
20 Vulnerability: Unexpected collisions, Common, Vulnerability Multiplier (2x STUN)
5 Physical Limitation: Heavy sleeper(-3 to wake up), Infrequently, Slightly Impairing
5 Distinctive Features: Uniform, Easily Concealed, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses
15 Dependent NPC: Lady Riselda, Normal, 14- (Frequently), Useful noncombat position or skills
5 Hunted: Icicle, Less Powerful, 8- (Occasionally), Harshly Punish
5 Dependence(High caloric intake): Enormous amounts of food, Very Common, Takes 2d6 Damage, 6 Hours
15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfidence, Very Common, Moderate
10 Social Limitation: Famous, Frequently (11-), Minor
15 Psychological Limitation: Hero's code of honor, Common, Strong
20 Vulnerability: Cold attacks, Common, Vulnerability Multiplier (2x STUN)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 55

Total Experience Available: 55

Experience Unspent: 0

Kefrem, I have a few questions regarding Lightspeed. His Str and Con are higher than 10 but his Body isn't. It would seem to me that any superspeedster would have Body higher than 10, if only a little to withstand the sudden turning, speed acceleration/deceleration, etc etc that would occur. Also, his Int, Ego, Pre and Com are also left at 10. Is this because you ran out of points or intentionally left this way?

heh..well it was kinda a points thing...he was a bit over anyhow...he is a port from 3rd edition..a character i played ages ago and wanted to play again...alas...5th edition has many changes and i had to completely redo him from ground up...but in my opinion...body is an indication of initial body mass...and a ultra fast person would be sleek to avoid wind resistance as much as possible...and the other stats arent just a major need for someone who is ultra nimble and fast...after all...he may be a chemist who got his powers with a unique potion..but hes not a quantum physicist :) and i always thought of him as just joe schmoe who came across a molecular excitation formulae by accident and barely had the know-how to duplicate it.

hope this helps a bit :)

kef.