6th Edition Character Sheet

Steve Long

Re: 6th Edition Character Sheet

Inspired by Teh Bunneh, I decided to try to make a "generic" sheet that worked like his gorgeous ones, but could be filled in at the table - In my mind, I'd use the official sheet or some scratch paper for the calculations, and to record 100% of everything, but this sheet wouldallow a player to have everything at-a-glance (like bunneh) and to draw themselves in! (assuming fairly standard human drawings, of course!)

It's not "polished" yet, as I decided I'd like some feedback from everyone here before I tried to finalize it, only to discover that I've left out something super-important, and then I have t wreck everything to fit in the stuff I forgot.

My design goals were: a) to emulate teh Bunneh's gorgeous sheets B) to make something novice players could easily read and grasp the meaning of c) to include a customizable figure sketch that would work for most concepts.

So please, what changes would you make?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always make my character sheets in MS Word, using a custom table so I can easily change the size of the various boxes. Some characters need more space for powers, and some need more for skills, and some need more for maneuvers, etc.

But I have to admit, it never occurred to me to use a landscape format. I'm going to have to try that next time.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a sample of the sheets I use in a fantasy Hero game I gm:

Is this an actual export template or is it a word doc (or something) that you are manually filling out? If it's an actual template I might not mind taking a look at it, if you don't mind.

I'm trying to upload the word file so I can attach it on here for people to use or modify, but for some reason the forums won't let me. It keeps adding a "x" to the file type so it ends with ".docx" and then it won't let me load it or attach it. I've tried to change it, but it doesn't seem to matter what I do to the original word file, the boards won't let me up load it and it always show up on here with the "x" added.

If anyone know what's going on and can tell me how to fix it, I'll post the word files for people to use.

Some of us use herodesigner not.

HEATHEN!! Get thee hence!!

:)

I've retired my desk calculator thanks to HD. I would like to think it has found a home on the desk of some old skool watch maker or other picturesque occupation.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my criticism of the 6th Edition character sheet:

If you look closely on the right side you can see that the rounded boxes have title lines that just barely stick out past the edge of the box.

That's it. That's all I've got. I will stop trying to make my own sheets now.

• 3 months later...

Is the character sheet from the BR available in pdf ? I appreciate the fact that there is no hit location table on it (I expect my players will absolutely want to use it if they see it when we start playing...)

Except for this, I find the sheets very easy to fill and to read :) Thank you !

• 11 months later...

I have updated the Excel spread sheet from D. Michael Basinger from 5th Edition to 6th Edition.

I can not upload it to here as it does not have the allowed file extension and do not want to cheat to get it on.

Anyone got any suggestions for some one to try it out and get it into the free area?

All I have done is moved things around and removed references to version 5.

It number crunches everything.

There may be some mistakes as I am not a very good with Excel but it does most things.

[ATTACH]38295[/ATTACH]

No one interested in a Excel spread sheet that calculates costs and can be used as a 6th edition character sheet?

:confused:

I have tried to upload an example of the print out.

It has several more pages to cover a whole character sheet from characteristics to powers to background to picture.

I can not upload the excel sheet as it is not allowed (or I have done it wrong)

It works better than a PDF as it number crunches the character for you.

If anyone can get it approved it is a good program (I have done very little to it to upgrade it so it is all down to the previous writer) and I am sure I got the original from a link here.

I am just trying to assist.

The best thing to do would be to wrap it up into a zip file.

You would be able to post it that way and others could unpack it if they wanted to have a look.

If you do post it here then I would suggest posting a pointer in the rules and Champions forums as well - this is a pretty old thread that most people might not notice has a new post in it.

Doc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Does anyone knows if there exist any fillable Official style Character sheet pdf?

(I personally don't care that I can't save them since if I want to save a character I just take a screen shot of the sheet and save it as a jpg.

Then if I want to use the character in a game I just copy it by hand with a pencil on a paper sheet since I prefer to write the character in pencil for gaming anyway.)