6th Edition Character Sheet

Steve Long

Re: 6th Edition Character Sheet

Now THAT is a champions character sheet....

Thanks! :)

It speaks superheroes. It retains some geeky numbers and is lacking sdescriptive colour on the powers but you almost miss that because it is lovely to look at...

You think so? I thought I'd stripped away all the "not necessary in play" math. There's obviously numbers on the sheet, but some numbers are needed to play the game.

But thanks for the compliments. I think they're quite nice, too.

I noticed that long after I commented. :o

Despite that it is a good superhero style....

I use basically the same style for my Teen Titans superhero game (with more color instead of just B&W -- see attached). Also, Luchadores are basically low-powered superheroes anyway, so it all fits. :)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: No' date=' sadly I don't have a Herodesigner export. I did these by hand, in Adobe Indesign. If some brilliant Herodesigner genius wanted to adopt this and make it into an export, I wouldn't have any complaints![/quote']

Do you know the names of the fonts you used? And their point sizes. That would help someone get started on an export, I think.

Do you know the names of the fonts you used? And their point sizes. That would help someone get started on an export' date=' I think.[/quote']

Yes, the fonts are called Alor (for most of the text, (actually, it's specifically Alor Narrow, 12 pt) and El Rio Lobo (for the character name, 48 pt).

Yes' date=' the fonts are called Alor (for most of the text, (actually, it's specifically Alor Narrow, 12 pt) and El Rio Lobo (for the character name, 48 pt).[/quote']

Where did those fonts come from? Are they standard in the Adobe suite, or are they free fonts? To get an export format to look the same, the fonts would need to be available to the person exporting it.

Thanks! :)

You think so? I thought I'd stripped away all the "not necessary in play" math. There's obviously numbers on the sheet, but some numbers are needed to play the game.

But thanks for the compliments. I think they're quite nice, too.

I really like these sheets, especially the Raven one! Very cool. But I noticed you didn't list END or Body. Was that accidental, or something you don't use in your games?

There's no way to export to an In Design or PDF file. To make an HTML file look like that... erf. I could say I would try - but I won't.

PostScript is plaintext, and is pretty much a direct precursor to PDF. Problem is you can't really layout in plaintext PostScript, or at least it's really, really hard.

I really like these sheets' date=' especially the Raven one! Very cool. But I noticed you didn't list END or Body. Was that accidental, or something you don't use in your games?[/quote']

Yeah, I don't use END in my convention games. It's easy to add on the charsheet if you want to use it (I'd put it in the box next to STUN). I sometimes use BODY if it's a game where lethality/injury is an option (Fantasy Hero games, primarily). Teen Titans is a kid's cartoon and an "all-ages" game, so no one really dies or gets seriously injured.

I don't post much in this forum' date=' but I can't let bunneh's character sheets go without comment. Those are simply the most amazing character sheets I've ever seen for any game.[/quote']

Damned by faint praise :)

They are good aren't they? If I had the time (and skill) I'd do something similar for all my characters. A good friend of mine creates a little 'card' a sheet of A4 folded, with a picture on the 'front cover, the character sheet inside, and descriptive stuff on the back - works really nicely.

For any long term game you still need the character sheet somewhere (and for any game with adjustment powers in it too!), but the fact that you can have a completely playable character on a sheet like that puts the lie to the suggestion that Hero is overly difficult or complex - the creation mechanics are an effort to assimilate and use but, once you have done that (or someone else has done it for you) the game is easy - and a pleasure - to play.

I just saw the sheets and they are amazing. I got the fonts down loaded, but im ay have missed this. What program did you use?

Again very nice sheets :thumbup:

Thanks! Like g-a said, they were created in InDesign. The original sheets I did, which were similar but not quite as nice, were done in MS Publisher. Really, any desktop publishing program would probably work. You might even be able to do it in Word, though I dunno if it would be worth the aggrevation.

I am looking at buying Adobe In Design, I qualify for the student priced version so it is under 200 bucks.

Thanks for the info and help

$200??? Ka-ching! I wish I could've got my copy for $200! Lucky dog.

If you get a chance, make sure that you take a course in how to use it. It's not super intuitive, and the Adobe interface is much different than the MS interface that most people are used to. Good luck! :thumbup:

Thanks guys! Really glad you like 'em. I worked really hard to make them just right. :)

Mildly necromantic, but I need to give kudos to teh bunneh as well. These are exactly what HERO sheets ought to look like, especially for convention games.

I'll grant that some more complicated builds are going to need more space, but the sentiment is in the right place. Save the math for your Hero Designer files. :)