Post "gotchas" here

Chris Goodwin

This thread is for "changes in the rules from previous editions to 6e that are not immediately obvious."

Gotchas are minor rule changes that might catch people up if they're not expecting them.

For instance: Ego no longer helps defend against Presence Attacks. (It is provided as a GM's option, but isn't the default.)

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Post "gotchas" here

Varying Dimensions is listed in HD for Barrier ' date='but is not in the description for Barrier in the Power Descriptions part of the book[/quote']

And as you were told in the other thread, it will be gone in the next update of HD, which is likely tomorrow.

Gotchas are minor rule changes that might catch people up if they're not expecting them.

For instance: Ego no longer helps defend against Presence Attacks. (It is provided as a GM's option, but isn't the default.)

Mental Powers no longer provide Mental Awareness for free; it must be purchased.

This is probably obvious but it might catch some; Entangle can no longer be used to create a barrier.

Some may get caught up by the removal of Growth Momentum and Stretching Momentum damage from Shrinking and Stretching, respectively.

Due to the change from game inches to meters, various combat and martial maneuvers divide velocity by 10 or 6, rather than 5 or 3.

Mental Powers no longer provide Mental Awareness for free; it must be purchased.

This is probably obvious but it might catch some; Entangle can no longer be used to create a barrier.

Some may get caught up by the removal of Growth Momentum and Stretching Momentum damage from Shrinking and Stretching, respectively.

Due to the change from game inches to meters, various combat and martial maneuvers divide velocity by 10 or 6, rather than 5 or 3.

You know, I think I am going to mildly buff the ones that divide by 6, have them divide by 5 instead, easier to do the math IMO, and just seems more natural to me (plus it will be rare that it accounds for more than a die of difference (every 30 meters of movement or so)

Excuse you? I don't believe anyone in this thread has tossed an insult your way. I don't think you want to go down the road you just started on.

He's referring to Dan's recommendations that people start fresh when creating characters for 6e, while Dan himself seems to have edited the 5e template to create the 6e one.

He's referring to Dan's recommendations that people start fresh when creating characters for 6e' date=' while Dan himself seems to have edited the 5e template to create the 6e one.[/quote']

Well, since the two aren't particularly related it seems a bit of a non sequitur.

I'd just like to say I'm very angry indeed. I haven't decided what about, but I'll be sure to let you know when I do.

Is it just me or are we perhaps not giving the benefit of the doubt about comments that may not be intended as derogatory? I've got caught up in arguments in the past over the phrasing of things I've taken a dislike to, and it is rarely ever intentional on the other party's part, or at least not meant to be snide, as I've interpreted it to be. Generally when someone is genuinely having a go it is obvious because they won't bloody shut up about it.

Anyway, 'gotchas': I'm surprised that 'Blast' is now a special power and therefore can not be placed in frameworks.

The Hardened Advantage no longer protects against all of Armor Piercing, Penetrating, and Indirect. This now requires the separate Advantages Hardened (for AP), Impenetrable, and Counteracts Indirect (for Barriers "and other obstacles"). Shoring up your defenses against uncommon attacks just became a whole lot more expensive (oh, and Armor Piercing is now less expensive)!