Post "gotchas" here

Chris Goodwin

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Post "gotchas" here

This is not a big issue and has next to no impact on character building, but the Characteristics Comparison Table (6E1 p48) now lists the "Superhuman" values of INT, EGO & PRE as 51+.

This is of course GM preference territory by campaign, but still...

IMO, I thought this was rather odd for COM in 5ER, also.

Protects Carried Items 6E1 p276

Impermeable 6E1 p276

(both right next to Allocatable) :)

Ummm, Ghost-Angel, he was saying that there was nothing like them in 5e not that they weren't in 6e.

And, Lightning91, Protects Carreied Items comes from Force Fields in 5E.

I'm not sure whether this counts as a "gotcha" as defined in the original question, but working with HD I noticed that there's now no longer such a thing as a BODY Roll.

I'd been using BODY Rolls in place of CON Rolls for many functions. I may just have to house-rule that back in. (Or hope it gets into APG2.)

Oh' date=' don't be like that, just get the heck out of here before we eat you alive. ;)[/quote']

Yikes! *makes PRE Roll* *returns*

An anti-gotcha:

I was surprised to see the Hit Location STUNx column unaltered; I was almost expecting (after reading about the upcoming change of the Stun Multiplier to 1d3 and figuring out the averages on the Hit Location Charts) that particular column to disappear and simply be replaced by the N STUN values.

So I'll guess I'll still hurt more when you all eat me - assuming you're using the Hit Location Chart when you eat me. Am I in a Heroic Genre right now? :eek:

I was also surprised to see that Change Environment can be used to target an individual in 6e. In fact it is now the base for buying it, with comments indicating that it is commonly bought with the Area of Effect advantage. Interesting change!

(and yes, I meant that I had not seen the others in 5er, but I forgot to look at force field. Thanks! :) )

I was surprised to see the Hit Location STUNx column unaltered; I was almost expecting (after reading about the upcoming change of the Stun Multiplier to 1d3 and figuring out the averages on the Hit Location Charts) that particular column to disappear and simply be replaced by the N STUN values.

So I'll guess I'll still hurt more when you all eat me - assuming you're using the Hit Location Chart when you eat me. Am I in a Heroic Genre right now? :eek:

It also hurts more when you get punched in the head if the hit location table is in use. In my experience, the Stun Multiple was more a problem than the hit location rules because the latter provided for enhanced damage from all types of attack - normal or killing - if you hit a good location.

It also hurts more when you get punched in the head if the hit location table is in use. In my experience' date=' the Stun Multiple was more a problem than the hit location rules because the latter provided for enhanced damage from all types of attack - normal or killing - if you hit a good location.[/quote']

I quite agree and I'm happy they kept the Hit Location Table as original. From what I've read of the discussions on the old 6e threads and the pre-release ones, many had a beef with the Stun Multiple.

Personally, I dodged the issue sometime during 3rd edition and used the Hit Location Chart for all campaigns. :)

Yeah, the paragraph almost contradicts itself - but it's really nice to see that the system has several suggestions to account for a non-killing Hand Attack Weapon that can also be thrown.

Which leads right into the really cool Throw Maneuver (not really a "gotcha" - just cool).

I quite agree and I'm happy they kept the Hit Location Table as original. From what I've read of the discussions on the old 6e threads and the pre-release ones, many had a beef with the Stun Multiple.

Personally, I dodged the issue sometime during 3rd edition and used the Hit Location Chart for all campaigns. :)

I've been doing the same, never had much of a problem. I do think it's a touch odd in that it make's KAs just fine in HitLoc games but pretty lousy for anything but destroying objects/automata otherwise, but eh.