Post "gotchas" here

Chris Goodwin

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest steamteck

Re: Post "gotchas" here

I quite agree and I'm happy they kept the Hit Location Table as original. /quote]

I would have preferred a chart with different penalties foe hand to hand as opposed to ranged myself. The ranged chart never made sense to me for hand to hand combat.

He's referring to Dan's recommendations that people start fresh when creating characters for 6e' date=' while Dan himself seems to have edited the 5e template to create the 6e one.[/quote']

I think that'd be best. Especially with the changes in characteristics you pretty much have to design characters on a new paradigm, even if the fundamental rules are the same.

JG

page 334:

Throwing Badger: RKA 1d6, Constant (+½) (22 Active Points); OAF (it’s

a badger; -1), Range Based On STR (-¼). Total cost: 10 points.

That should probably have 1 continuing recoverable charge on it and maybe physical manifestation too.

On a serious note though. Didn't constant attack powers use to require the same "reasonably common and obvious set of circumstances that will turn it off or negate it" that Damage Over Time has now?

That should probably have 1 continuing recoverable charge on it and maybe physical manifestation too.

On a serious note though. Didn't constant attack powers use to require the same "reasonably common and obvious set of circumstances that will turn it off or negate it" that Damage Over Time has now?

RE: Charges - that depends entirely on how many Throwig Badgers you're packing. I personally never go into battle without at least a half dozen. And Badger-Boy spontaneously generates various Badger Based Ordinance.

RE: Constant - still does as far as I know....

RE: Charges - that depends entirely on how many Throwig Badgers you're packing. I personally never go into battle without at least a half dozen. And Badger-Boy spontaneously generates various Badger Based Ordinance.

Ahhh, yes. Autofire, and buying off the OAF Limitation. Don't forget Real Badger (-1/4).

/me wants to see an Autofire Throwing Badger

I do not believe there was anything like the Allocatable advantage to Resistant Protection (previously Armor) in 5e. (6e1-276)

I believe Ultimate Energy Projector introduced the idea of it for Force Fields, but that's as close as I recall.

My personal "OMG! DID I READ THAT RIGHT!?!?" moment was when I saw what the Control Cost does for a VPP now :D

Oh, and:

Mushroom, Mushroom!

It's Uncontrolled that has that warning. Not Constant.

Also...badger!

Because yeah, Damage Over Time is basically what used to be called Gradual Effect (like a poison- you take the Power's base damage and then stretch it out over periods). A Constant or Uncontrolled Constant attack is where you keep using the base attack each Phase. If it's just Constant your target keeps getting hit by the badger until you get Stunned or out of END. If it's Uncontrolled or a Continuing Charge, it keeps going until it's predefined Charge or END goes out or a predefined condition occurs to stop it. A wild badger, as it were.

JG

I believe Ultimate Energy Projector introduced the idea of it for Force Fields, but that's as close as I recall.

My personal "OMG! DID I READ THAT RIGHT!?!?" moment was when I saw what the Control Cost does for a VPP now :D

Oh yes, I love that. Now you can get something like the old-style Gadget Pool.

JG

Because yeah, Damage Over Time is basically what used to be called Gradual Effect (like a poison- you take the Power's base damage and then stretch it out over periods). A Constant or Uncontrolled Constant attack is where you keep using the base attack each Phase. If it's just Constant your target keeps getting hit by the badger until you get Stunned or out of END. If it's Uncontrolled or a Continuing Charge, it keeps going until it's predefined Charge or END goes out or a predefined condition occurs to stop it. A wild badger, as it were.

JG

Also, I believe, a constant power will stop working if you loose line of sight.

Got to keep an eye on your badger.

It has Focus - adding Physical Manifestation is double dipping.

You know, never completly agreed with this.

Take a clasic foucs example, the GLC Power Ring

While it is (Argumentivly) a OIF, it also makes sense that some of the constructs it generates are Physical Manifestation