List Your CO Heroes!

Steve Long

Re: List Your CO Heroes!

This is actually something you'll read about more in the new CU book. ;)

The first Johnny Hercules was one of the 13 heroes killed in the Battle of Detroit. He was a student who, while exploring a cave he stumbled across during a backpacking trip across Greece, found a mystic gem that imbued him with the Hercules Force, a mystical energy(?)/entity(?) that granted him superhuman strength and resilience.

After he was killed, apparently the Hercules Force was freed. It eventually, for reasons unknown, chose to "settle into" the body of another young man, who's now the new Johnny Hercules. And I decided to make him one of my CO toons. ;)

Though how much I'll play him, I dunno. I tend to be more of a ranged guy than a melee guy in MMOs. I just don't react fast enough to be good at fighting HTH.

thanks i look forward to reading about him

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey' date=' Scott (Thundrax!) Bennie! Tried to contact you several times in-game yesterday. Great outfit! :)[/quote']

Sorry I missed you Scott. Still trying to get the hang of the social interface on CO.

And for what it's worth, the drawing you did witg Thundrax back in the 90s (and your musing that he'd look better with longish hair) played a part in his current look (as was UNTIL requiring him to blow his secret ID in Sean Fannon's UNTIL supersquad game, which was the basis for him being a member of UNITY in COTN 5e, and the reason he doesn't wear the mask he wore when he was with SUNDER.)

My user name is Ironklad ( for some reason I couldn't put Werehawk in )

CHARCTERS

Black Fury--Munitions

Dr.Frost -- Ice and dressed like the Sandman.

Destroyerman -- Power Armour and first attempt to use a 5th ed character of mine.

Whiteraven --Psionic mix and second 5th ed character.

Militiaman - Yes, as close as I could get to recreating Minuteman from Freedom Force. Militiaman uses twin flintlock pistols instead of a staff.

Slipstream - Power Armored.

The Bug - A character I played in one of Dave Mattingly's games. Unfortunately, the gross bug powers just aren't in CO so he is a gadgeteer who burrows.

Btw, how do I become a member of this Hero Games sponsored superteam?

Rayoman, this is the best way to join. Join this chat channel and ask. If someone is on who has permission to invite, you will get an invite. I also added you to my friends list (and everyone else on this board who posted their @name handle).

We also have a chat channel: Hero Board Chat. Right-click on your chat tab and you get to a window where you can join it.

Haven't been a regular poster here for a couple of years, but CO and 6thEd have brought me slowly creeping back!

Just one character at the mo, and I know I shouldn't have got my hopes up, but disappointed at how superficial the Hero System elements are.

Sweetheart - MA / Telepathy - so far, it's seeming like a completely inefficient build, but I'm having fun :D

Fooling around with the character generator. Nothing permanent here.

KondoRimi.jpg

A first pass at Kondo Rimi, aka Sarah Ann, aka Rose Acorn. Japanese mistress of disguise, martial arts expert and assassin. A character from our Pulp Hero game. Probably too elegant.

DogofWar.jpg

The Dog of War. With apologies to Pink Floyd. Mercenary gestalt

TheInstructor-1.jpg

Playing around with old faces to produce, The Instructor, a Heartbreak Ridge-era Clint Eastwood looking, hardass martial arts instructor.

YetAnotherDarkandEdgyGuy.jpg

What happens when you spend too much time on "Rate My Champion" and you see the same archetype presented over and over again? You get a little snarky. This is "Yet Another Dark and Edgy Guy". And no, he's not a serious character.

LordPrometheus3.jpg]

I'm trying to develop a nemesis for Thundrax when he hits 25; here's a first take on "Lord Prometheus". I'm aiming for a bit of a Kirby aesthetic here, or as close as the game will let me get to it.

ThundraxGoesClubbing.jpg

Finally, an alternate costume for Thundrax. his outfit for Club Caprice.

I've got two characters so far, both from my Champions table top games:

Jabberwock (been playing this guy on the table top since Champions 1st edition)

The Watchman (a Batman/Nightwing homage character)

I usually solo with Jabberwock and play The Watchman with another buddy of mine.

Oi!

I've got... a few. @HeroArkham

Screenshots will be added later when I'm at home, not posting from work...

My main first:

Bingo the Clowno - Might, a touch of Power Armor for the defense power. And Attack Toys! ( Attack toys are awesome! )

Satire - Martial Arts and Munitions so far. My 'dark and brooding' character who isn't that dark and doesn't brood.

Senor Misterio - Martial Arts and Sorcery. The Master of the Mystic Lucha Arts. I hope they make a power replace to add a steel chair somewhere in there.

Landshark - Might and Supernatural. He's a shark. On land.

Captain John Cosmos - Gadgeteering, Force so far. Golden age, retro-future style.

Papa Fly - Munitions. I'll probably end up deleting him when I figure out who gets the Insectoid Fly-Pimp as a Nemesis...

The Emo Elf - Munitions, swords, other stuff. Made by and played by my 10 year old.

hey can someone help me out maybe?

It might just be my PC isnt' robust enough but some of the costume options do nothng and I cannot for the life of me get my musculature to show through the costume like..uhm almost all of you do.

Also...I did get the name Enforcer I had to rebuild him as I don't know how to port from my beta account.

anyway I'm @enforcer84 if you want to talk. I'll be trying to figure out my graphic issues tout suite.

It might just be my PC isnt' robust enough but some of the costume options do nothng

Anything specific?

and I cannot for the life of me get my musculature to show through the costume like..uhm almost all of you do.

You have to go into the Custom Body and modify the Muscles (?) attribute. The larger the bar, the greater the muscle definition on the toon.

Also...I did get the name Enforcer I had to rebuild him as I don't know how to port from my beta account.

You can't. Oh, and the costume piece covering must be defined as "tight" or "skin"

anyway I'm @enforcer84 if you want to talk. I'll be trying to figure out my graphic issues tout suite.

Welcome aboard. Drop me a a line in-game and if you want I'll invite you to the Champs Supergroup (assuming you don't run into someone else who can do that first).

Anything specific?

You have to go into the Custom Body and modify the Muscles (?) attribute. The larger the bar, the greater the muscle definition on the toon.

You can't. Oh, and the costume piece covering must be defined as "tight" or "skin"

Welcome aboard. Drop me a a line in-game and if you want I'll invite you to the Champs Supergroup (assuming you don't run into someone else who can do that first).

yeah I gathered that. What I hadn't gathered was that my graphics was set very very low

We'll see how it looks when I log today

It might just be my PC isnt' robust enough but some of the costume options do nothng and I cannot for the life of me get my musculature to show through the costume like..uhm almost all of you do.

You might need the lighting to be set to high. My wife's laptop is limited to older drivers... and is older so I'd turned most of the advanced settings down... apparently turning down lighting removes the textures from costumes - like the jumpsuit and padded looks etc... I'd guess it's the same for muscles. It doesn't seem to be too much of a performance hit.

Also, dual (or more) core processor might be more important than video card. My old p4 is a slide show even with a ati radeon 3850 (a recommended video card).

Still nope. I might need to get a new graphics card to enjoy more than a manaquin experience.

My housemate wanting a better experience, got me a new card and it made things really pretty. He did this while I was at GenCon and so when I got back, what I saw there was reflected on my machine. So a new video card may be in order.

My main character:

- Intensity -

Badboy Force Mentalist

"A former inmate in the famed Stronghold prison, Intensity once lived only for himself, working for the highest bidder as a super-powered mercenary. His frequent immoral and destructive acts eventually caught up with him, leading to his eventual capture and incarceration. During his time behind Stronghold's walls, he experienced a life-changing epiphany and vowed to turn his life around. Now he walks the world a free man, trying each day to redefine himself anew as he seeks redemption."