List Your CO Heroes!

Steve Long

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: List Your CO Heroes!

While it certainly is not a "direct port" of the Champs rules, it does capture the essence of the system a bit in the character creation, if you pony up for the custom archetypes. Obviously some characters would be too complex to recreate, but I have been able to make a fairly close match to the characters from the campaign I am currently running.

• 4 weeks later...

My character I've been playing is Black Samson. I started him off as a Behemoth but, switched him over to a Gold status character, so now I am using free form for his powers/talents/etc.

Here's a pic: [ATTACH=CONFIG]38346[/ATTACH]

Black Samson

Born, and raised on the mean streets of Millennium City’s lower Westside, Samuel Lucas Jefferson realized at a young age that getting an education was his ticket out of the crime-ridden despair of his neighborhood. Through hard work, and perseverance he excelled in his school academics, earning a scholarship to Millennium City University. He left his home for college, vowing to return one day to help make his community a better place.

Six years later he made good on his promise. After earning his Master degree in education, Samuel was offered a teaching position at Rosemont Elementary School. He eagerly accepted, thus setting into motion the events that would change his life forever.

On Friday April 13th, the sound of children playing during recess was stifled by a large explosion just outside the school property. The force of the impact, along with deadly shrapnel took its toll in lives. Sixteen children died in the initial blast, and three teachers were gravely injured. Dozens of kids and adults were overcome by a strange noxious gas that was emitted from the explosion. Samuel was overcome by the fumes while trying to help get the children to safety. He awoke several days later in the hospital’s ICU. The toxic fumes nearly killed him, but miraculously his body was able to fight it off. All but, a few were so lucky. One hundred and three lives were lost that day, and of that number all but, twelve were children.

After his release from the hospital, Samuel began experiencing strange physiological changes to his body. His skin had slowly become hardened like steel, his muscle mass, and muscle density had increased dramatically giving him super human strength. It was discovered much later by Dr. Silverback, that Samuel’s genetic makeup was altered by the bio-mutagenic fumes he had inhaled. These vapors acted as a catalyst, kick starting Samuel’s dormant meta-gene, thus imbuing him with super strength, and invulnerability.

Deciding to use his newfound powers to help his community, Samuel created the super heroic identity of Black Samson. As Black Samson, Samuel strives to be the living embodiment of hope, strength, and courage. To many of the downtrodden he is the only beacon of light that they know.

Shortly after the attack, it was revealed that the villainous organization, Viper was behind the horrific attack. The ill-fated neighborhood was used as a testing ground for their new bio-mutagenic “dirty bomb”. Outraged at their callous disregard for human life, Black Samson has vowed to bring Viper and all the involved parties to justice.

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just the two

Vitus D'rhazz of Clan Scorpion (I can hear the fans already)

and ROVER, the robot bodyguard who failed to protect his creator, and couldn't screw his creator's head back on either, and has turned bountyhunter to methodically hunt down the killer.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently playing Shadow Over Water, a Shinobi who was hired through his clan to be a superhero in Millenium City. Exactly who hired him and what their ultimate purpose is? Not even he knows.

But he does know that, with every day that passes, his life seems a little brighter.

Single blade, smoke bombs, shuriken, athletics.

Also playing:

Big John, who's mutation is massive size and strength. This mutation activated in public, so he's got no "Secret ID". By the time he made it home, someone had disappeared his family. He later received a letter from an unknown saying that his family was hidden for safety and not to look for them, as "certain parties would follow you, with intent to kill". He ended up in Millienium City by way of backpacking, looking for answers.

Far from stupid, but by no means a super-genius, he has a mechanical engineering degree, which he's putting to good use. His armour, for example, is self-made (and shows it) but does the job.

Might, Might and more Might. He's hard to take down and hits hard. Can also jump far and high (super-jump).

Significant other characters:

A wizard who traded his sight for Sight and studied and delved for power. Studies "Summoning", "Enchantments" and "Evocation". Sorcery, Teleportation.

A magess whos powers come from long hours of research. Somewhat bookish and unsure of herself. Elemental spells and Flight, IIRC.

A Dwarven paladin from a D&D-ish world. Thinks the place he's in is somewhat strange, but also rather familiar - Quests, bad guys (just don't kill them), quest rewards, gaining experience. Axe and healing powers, burrowing.

A question: How would you build a "Pure summoner"? Ie., as much as possible, don't touch anything but Summoning powers?

A question: How would you build a "Pure summoner"? Ie., as much as possible, don't touch anything but Summoning powers?

Technically, you can't. There is no summon energy builder or Tier 1 power. However, barring a few set up powers you can get fairly close. Most likely I'd focus on the Sorcery Frameworks but feel free to dip out for any other summons you might want in later levels. A possible build might be something like:

Role: Sentinel

Super Stats: Intelligence & Presence

- This is to aid your energy efficiency and boost your pets over all Health.

Powers:

Energy Builder: Radiance

Tier 0: Rebuke

Tier 1: Illumination, Vengeance, Aura of Primal Mastery, Ego Sprites

Tier 2: Expulse, Void Horror, Command Animals

Tier 3: Ascension, Summon Shadows (w/Devouring Darkness), Tyrannon's Familiar, Arctic Beast, Mindful Reinforcement

Other Powers: Circle of Primal Domination, Siglis of the Primal Storm, a non-controllable pet/ritual pet

Innate Characteristic:

The Grimoire

Alternate Innate Characteristics:

The Hero or The Marksman

Talents:

Command Training

Discipline Training

Diplomatic

Healthy Mind

Shrug It Off

Alternate Talent:

Jack of All Trades (Swap Discipline Training)

Lasting Recovery (Swap Healthy Mind)

The core powers were selected to give the character a some flexibility in dealing damage as they have to and healing. For the slotted passive I went with Aura of Primal Mastery, since the character's focus is summoning and not one type of Role this is a well rounded bonus that scales with Super Stats and Presence. Once unlocking Tier 2 powers from the other Sorcery Sets it's time to start building out the summoning aspect of the character. At later levels Tytsnnon's Familiar and Summon Shadows should help keep the character with Energy and Health allowing them to lay down Ego Sprites then focus on buffing their pets and team members. Mindful reinforcement was added as it scales with Presence and creates effective extra Hit Points for those effected. There is no block power in this build, you wont have time to block, and worse case you just heal yourself.

Overall, this build will likely keep you watching the side bar while your pets have all the fun. There's likey some useful ways to hot key powers but I haven't really gone into that.

Alternately the Gageteering Framework has 3 Tier 2 Controllable Pets. However, since summoners, at least in my mind feel more magicy I went that route. That said there is just something fun about a Teddy Bear with a Rocket Launcher.

Technically, you can't. There is no summon energy builder or Tier 1 power. However, barring a few set up powers you can get fairly close. Most likely I'd focus on the Sorcery Frameworks but feel free to dip out for any other summons you might want in later levels. A possible build might be something like:

Role: Sentinel

Super Stats: Intelligence & Presence

- This is to aid your energy efficiency and boost your pets over all Health.

Powers:

Energy Builder: Radiance

Tier 0: Rebuke

Tier 1: Illumination, Vengeance, Aura of Primal Mastery, Ego Sprites

Tier 2: Expulse, Void Horror, Command Animals

Tier 3: Ascension, Summon Shadows (w/Devouring Darkness), Tyrannon's Familiar, Arctic Beast, Mindful Reinforcement

Other Powers: Circle of Primal Domination, Siglis of the Primal Storm, a non-controllable pet/ritual pet

The core powers were selected to give the character a some flexibility in dealing damage as they have to and healing. For the slotted passive I went with Aura of Primal Mastery, since the character's focus is summoning and not one type of Role this is a well rounded bonus that scales with Super Stats and Presence. Once unlocking Tier 2 powers from the other Sorcery Sets it's time to start building out the summoning aspect of the character. At later levels Tytsnnon's Familiar and Summon Shadows should help keep the character with Energy and Health allowing them to lay down Ego Sprites then focus on buffing their pets and team members. Mindful reinforcement was added as it scales with Presence and creates effective extra Hit Points for those effected. There is no block power in this build, you wont have time to block, and worse case you just heal yourself.

Overall, this build will likely keep you watching the side bar while your pets have all the fun. There's likey some useful ways to hot key powers but I haven't really gone into that.

Alternately the Gageteering Framework has 3 Tier 2 Controllable Pets. However, since summoners, at least in my mind feel more magicy I went that route. That said there is just something fun about a Teddy Bear with a Rocket Launcher.

Thanks.

Yeah, how do you make the comic book origin in the game? Is that a new feature?

jg

I used Powerpoint 2010 mainly. I mention 2010 because I used a function, Remove Background, that I didn't really notice in the previous versions before. If you ever had to do a presentation at work or at school, then you already have all the tools you need.

• 1 month later...

I have been (with a few nitpicks here and there) been rather impressed with CO since about this time last year. Even more so since F2P began. So I've involved myself more in the game. I still don't play it as much as City of Heroes. But it is at least competing more seriously for my time these days. ^_^

So I have some new characters to show off. In some cases I have multiple costumes for the same character I'd like to share.

And a few... wacky concepts.

Let's start with one of the wackier ones, eh? I Present to you -

Gentleman Scientist

"Now, I know what you're thinking, old boy. 'Did he fire for six seconds, or only five?' Well, to be perfectly frank, in all the kerfuffle I've quite lost track myself, what? But bearing in mind that this is a Manmelter 3600ZX, the most powerful handgun in the Empire, and would reduce your entire body mass to free carbon and hydrogen with the slightest pressure of my forefinger upon the trigger mechanism, you're behooved to ask yourself one question: 'Am I feeling fortunate?' Well? Are you, dear chap?"

GentlemanScientistaction_01.jpg

GentlemanScientistaction_05.jpg

GentlemanScientistaction_03.jpg

GentlemanScientistaction_04.jpg

"Back off, you miscreant! I'm a SCIENTIST!"

GentlemanScientistaction_06.jpg

Gentleman Scientist is most definitely modeled on Nikola Tesla for his general look. With a few extra add-ons and such. This was made well before either the Tesla OR Steampunk packs were added to the game. But he really doesn't need either of them!

This is Wraith, the first hero I have built specifically to take advantage of the cosmetic effects of an upgrade.

He's pictured below consulting with reporter Julie Morgan

Wraith+Julie1.jpg

Wraith+Julie2.jpg

I ended up power-leveling[1] him up to level 36 so he could get the necessary item[2] to be semi-transparent.

[1] power-leveling for me, anyway. I've heard some claim to get characters from 0-40 in a couple days.

[2] Elder Worm Humidity Dome.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm @patternghost

I've got the following:

Ingenuity Girl, lvl 29 Inventor:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40074[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]40075[/ATTACH]

Liberty Star, lvl 12 Behemoth:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40076[/ATTACH]

Citizen Arcane, level 10 Grimoire:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40077[/ATTACH]

I'm saving my fourth slot in case I buy another archetype later.

Due to the medical stuff, my play times are irregular. I've also got my attention split three ways between CO, CoH, and DDO.