List Your CO Heroes!

Steve Long

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: List Your CO Heroes!

I've added a secondary alt to be a reattempt at Cyber Angel's original build while I park Cyber Angel awaiting her opportunity to respec to Celestial.

So now I have (all @Zed-F):

Wild Huntress (21, main, archery tank)

Revenant (23, primary alt, TK/Telepathy DPS with a side in munitions)

Cyber Angel (23, primary alt, power armour mongrel, parked awaiting respec)

SuperMouse (11, secondary alt, Invulnerable Might tank with a side in force)

My daughter also has a couple characters and I have a test character still, so I'm already running low on slots. :o At least I shouldn't need the test character much past halloween.

Greetings

This is my main character, Uncle Samson. He's lvl 19 (almost to 20), a Martial Arts/Might combo with some Regeneration to boot. I've been having a blast with him. Can handle any mob (more often than not 2 mobs) with little effort, and usually only dies if he gets several villians or master villians on him at the same time.

Consitution, Recovery, Endurance, in that order, with just enough Strength to chuck medium sized objects at people.

Now that RMC is working I was able to find my characters.

http://champions-online.com/rate_my_champion/820588

http://champions-online.com/rate_my_champion/2304

http://champions-online.com/rate_my_champion/53099

http://champions-online.com/rate_my_champion/68795

http://champions-online.com/rate_my_champion/864693

http://champions-online.com/rate_my_champion/754441

I'm setting my characters up with 3 costume theme's by 18th level, I had a cool angel type character I'll add his picture at a later time. I'm now thinking I'll use his design as a nemesis for Adwellin Kale, but the design is very cool.

Armor sets will be set up for....

1) Standard Adventuring

2) Forensic Combat :bmk:

3) Club Caprice Casual or Appropriate for setting (RP)

I need to rework Gloryfox's force powers so I'm leaving him at 9th until I can afford to respec and set him up correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

I just thought that I would swing in and in-game shots of King Snake.

1. One supergroup that has WAY too much time on it's hands.

2. I had to unlock the "shellie" constume piece. My main gripe with the game is that not only do I have to go out of my way to get "blastery" gear, but even after I do, it's SFX is still conventional.

3. A Puslon Rifle. See 2.

4. A Sniper Rifle. I can't even alter this unless I keep an alternate sniper rifle equipped.

5. King Snake activating his "captured prototype Force Field". I really love how you're not limited to your power framework abilities, but if you stick within it, you get the higher tier abilities earlier.

1. Another "Captured Force Field". This is actually the Telekinetic Shield. Very Handy.

2. As with any good Superhero genre game, there's plenty of objects to damage or use as improvised weapons.

3. Some enemies can be pretty intimidating, like when a Steel Serpent sneaks up on you.

4 & 5. A couple of flying shots. I really like how unrestricted the game feels and looks.

I made a BUNCH of them...

Hyperiad (basic flying brick, doing my best to max out his Strength)

Black Ice (ice-powers)

Annatomica (force powers)

Voltage (Electricity)

Midnight Blue (dual-swords)

Captain Champion (flying brick with force blasts)

Ms. Scarlet (Telepath & TK powers - a deadly combo)

Bronze Cobra (Martial artist)

Green Machine (Battle armor)

Ultra Violet (Sorcery)

Doctor Cobalt (TK powers)

Charlie (Supernatural... she's an angel)

Tygefyre (fire powers, and she looks very tiger-like)

... all of them @Klytus_Soothsayer

Ms. Scarlet (Telepath & TK powers - a deadly combo)

I'd agree with this. At first, my character Sweetheart was a bit of a push-over, but with more understanding of the game and a handy retcon, she's lethal. Have just completed several missions that included taking down Master Villains 2 or 3 levels higher. My first nemesis mission gave me a bit more trouble though, damn him!!

I'd agree with this. At first' date=' my character Sweetheart was a bit of a push-over, but with more understanding of the game and a handy retcon, she's lethal. Have just completed several missions that included taking down Master Villains 2 or 3 levels higher. My first nemesis mission gave me a bit more trouble though, damn him!![/quote']

I need to do a retcon on her shortly, I think. As lethal as she can be, she doesn't have strong enough defenses. For example, all my other heroes who ran the mission were able to take down Leech - but he kept handing Scarlet her @$$.

If you need help with Leech' date=' I can log back on within the next half hour.[/quote']

This was a few days ago, but thanks anyway. I was commenting on how effective my build with Ms. Scarlet is in certain situations, but how lacking it is in others. Just like with the PnP version of Champions, it often takes a lot of experimenting and practice to get just the right balance to make an effective character.

This is actually something you'll read about more in the new CU book. ;)

The first Johnny Hercules was one of the 13 heroes killed in the Battle of Detroit. He was a student who, while exploring a cave he stumbled across during a backpacking trip across Greece, found a mystic gem that imbued him with the Hercules Force, a mystical energy(?)/entity(?) that granted him superhuman strength and resilience.

After he was killed, apparently the Hercules Force was freed. It eventually, for reasons unknown, chose to "settle into" the body of another young man, who's now the new Johnny Hercules. And I decided to make him one of my CO toons. ;)

Though how much I'll play him, I dunno. I tend to be more of a ranged guy than a melee guy in MMOs. I just don't react fast enough to be good at fighting HTH.

any screen shots of johnny?he sounds interesting that gem you mentioned would it be in a magic amulet?

I think what you are looking for is an emblem (not an insignia, which comes in a frame). However it's only available on certain kinds of costume pieces, whereas insignia are more generally available on different costume pieces.

That said, I'm not 100% certain there isn't a circle around the L in the emblem or something. Can't check right now since I'm not at my game computer. I just know emblems are more like 'painted on' whereas insignia actually project from your costume a bit.

any screen shots of johnny?he sounds interesting that gem you mentioned would it be in a magic amulet?

AAMOF I deleted that toon, because (a) he looked awful (my first jabs at using the character creator), and (B) I wanted to pick slightly different powers. He was just Level 1, so no reason not to start over. I'll get around to re-creating him whenever I am in the mood for a Might character. ;)

Actually I mis-spoke, for the original JH it was a necklace, not just a gem. At this point, though, to my way of thinking the necklace is just an ordinary necklace (albeit a valuable archaeological relic); the Hercules Force has been freed to work good in the world once more. So neither incarnation of the character needs to wear it or anything.

I think what you are looking for is an emblem (not an insignia, which comes in a frame). However it's only available on certain kinds of costume pieces, whereas insignia are more generally available on different costume pieces.

That said, I'm not 100% certain there isn't a circle around the L in the emblem or something. Can't check right now since I'm not at my game computer. I just know emblems are more like 'painted on' whereas insignia actually project from your costume a bit.

Thanks for the info Zed-F! It's strange that I pick t-shirt and can't put a simple monogrammed letter on it. At least now I have something to look for though, must go update my costume!