What package deals (or custom builds) are you using?

digimod

Are you using one of the package deals (Mighty, Martial Artist, Inhuman...) or are you creating custom builds for your heroes?

What are your favorite builds?

So far I have a Mighty, Power Armor, Darkness, Custom (Gadgeteering, Power Armor Primary, Claws secondary), Custom (Inhuman, Electrical Primary, Claws secondary)

I have had the most fun with the Mighty Build so far - I chose leaping as travel power - something about the leaping and the beatdown that brings me great pleasure - lol.

Re: What package deals (or custom builds) are you using?

For the most part, I am going with package deals as the bonuses fit the powersets better in most cases. Take Supernatural for example, they start with Con and Recovery. Sounds sucky until you realize Recovery is the key stat for Regeneration, and it's energy regen allows you to spam attacks. When you heal like crazy, having high health rocks.

I am having the most fun with my Might character who is using Invulnerability which goes nicely with her super stats (and default talent) being Con and Str. Still debating between Unbreakable and Resurgence on her.

My main has Martial Arts and Telepathy, and I'm pretty sure it's a lousy mix! Certainly seem to be dying far more than any MMORG I've played before. Mind you, lack of a manual doesn't help in figuring out what attributes are important for what abilities and so forth...

You can get a better idea of powers by going into the powerhouse, going up to the filters menu, and selecting for it to show you powers you don't qualify for.

My main is a sorcery build:

1: Eldritch Bolts, Eldritch Blast

5: Binding of Araton, Flight, Super-Int

8: March of the Dead

11: Aura of Primal Majesty

13: Super-Pre

14: Force Shield (arcane shield I don't like)

17: Arcane Vitality

Not really sure where to go from here.

My main character is Neutron. Originally a DI Brick with Gravity Control powers (got merged with a priordial black hole) as a PnP character. So, his basis is Might and I've added TK to that to simulate gravity powers. As a result, he focuses mainly on STR, CON and EGO for stats. I look for REC buffs from crafting when I can.

My secondary is Wraith. She was a semi-ghost that practiced "Shadow Magic" in PnP. In CO I based her off the Darkness power set and I'm planning to add in a few Supernatural Powers (probably Devour Essence, Condemn, Regen and Resurgence). The stats she focuses on are CON, END and REC.

My third is Knight Shade. Basic Batman homage in the PnP game. I plan to focus mainly on Martial Arts and work heavily in the Arms skills to represent his gadgetteering (I just don't much care for the feel of the actually Gadgetteer power set; though I might snag one or two powers from that set). His focus is on STR & DEX with some REC and CON as opportunity allows.

Finally (for now) is Flame Wing. Basic fire elemental and so uses the Fire power set. I don't know what I'll draw in from elsewhere at this point. Maybe some Supernatural to get Aspect of the Inferno and Venomous Breath (if recoloring it makes it suitably fiery). Her stat focuses are PRE & CON (plus REC if she goes Supernatural).