Abilities Discussion

Killer Shrike

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Abilities Discussion

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell if Accelerated Metabolism is working? I'm starting to wonder if the Advantage is even worth it. I have an Endurance on Kill enhancement and it seems to do far more for me, since I can see it working, whereas with AM I'm not sure how to tell if its doing its thing.

So far, it works w/ all of my ranged munitions attacks:

The energy builder, TGM, and Lead Tempest

In addition to my melee attack Bullet Ballet (which I expected it to work with).

I picked up the ability specifically to use in conjunction w/ Bullet Ballet vs tough villains as Regeneration isn't at its best vs. one-shot capable major baddies. My thought process was that I wanted to be able to attack, since I solo and pure defense wont get me thru a threat, so Laser Knight + BB seemed like a possible solution to allow me to remain aggressive but not be as squishy. Much to my surprise I noticed that the shield animation and icon appear when I use my ranged powers as well. {shrug} I wont bet the farm on it, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Ok, so I think I figured out what was going on with Laser Knight; i.e. why it was working with all of my ranged munitions attacks as well as melee attacks.

I was using a Power Replacement Enhancement, the SHL - Shelly Blaster. It effectively replaced all of my pistol based Munitions attacks (which was all of them) with an SHL effect particular to them. One such attack was Bullet Balet, which is a melee power. I think that the name + is melee check was coming back positive for Laser Knight, thus proc'ing the effect.

Today I retired the Shelly Blaster as I've leveled beyond its usefulness, and the Laser Knight effect now only procs on my two melee attacks and not on my other Munitions ranged attacks.

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell if Accelerated Metabolism is working?

Go to your combat log and look for the messages about gaining energy. The 'energy recovery mode for 15 seconds' means 'Your AM won't give you any energy until this mode terminates', which is why AM generally sucks (In most fights, it's basically going to go off once, for about as much energy as a single energy builder attack). If you have a point lying around and your build has energy issues it may be worth dropping it on a power you use regularly which has a high rate of fire, but certainly don't put it on multiple powers, or expect very much out of it.

Go to your combat log and look for the messages about gaining energy. The 'energy recovery mode for 15 seconds' means 'Your AM won't give you any energy until this mode terminates'' date=' which is why AM generally sucks (In most fights, it's basically going to go off once, for about as much energy as a single energy builder attack). If you have a point lying around and your build has energy issues it may be worth dropping it on a power you use regularly which has a high rate of fire, but certainly don't put it on multiple powers, or expect very much out of it.[/quote']

Ok, good to know. I had previously assumed it was doing some good, but I came to suspect that I was really seeing Killer Instinct in action. I have AM on most of my attacks, so I'll definitely be getting rid of it in an upcoming respec.

The message is really misleading.

The Scare Straight mission in the Canadian Wilderness and encounters with zombies during the Blood Moon event have really made me appreciate Havoc Stomp. With that I can usually finish off Scare Straight in a couple of minutes and it's done quite well at keeping swarming zombies off my back.

• 2 weeks later...

Shockwave is a maintain, not a charge. If clicking on it, you just hold down the mouse button on it. Using the number keys tends to be more reliable, however, I find.

Also, you can re-organize which power is where in your bar by opening up the powers window (P) and dragging and dropping your powers in the power tray to whichever slots work best for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, good to know. I had previously assumed it was doing some good, but I came to suspect that I was really seeing Killer Instinct in action. I have AM on most of my attacks, so I'll definitely be getting rid of it in an upcoming respec.

The message is really misleading.

On my munitions character I have AM on two gun mojo and my gatling gun. When you put it on a power that hits fast, you have more chances for it to proc and give you the END. It's a waste on something like sniper rifle, with only one chance to trigger. Between AM on 2 attacks, killer instinct, and a END on Kill effect on one of my items I almost never have to use my energy builder. With just some of those I wouldn't have enough juice to kill non-stop, but the combination lets me fight on with just a rare tap on gunslinger.

I think it also has a chance to fire off for every target you are hitting, so you get the most milage from fast hitting AOEs.