Crafting

Fedifensor

Hello, everyone. I wanted to let people know that my character Shootist is at 294 Arms skill now, and can now create custom items usable by people level 21+. So, if you're having trouble getting the item bonuses you need, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I'm happy to craft at no charge, though the amount I can craft is limited by components (which I get through breaking down Arms items of level 21+, or finding boxes of Arms in the wild).

I'll edit this post in the future to list the types of things I can craft. In the meantime...any other crafters out there?

Re: Crafting

I have characters with >200 skill in all three major crafting schools if anyone needs anything made. I anticipate levelling up arms and mysticism a bit more rapidly than science, though, since my main science toon is currently parked and has to rely on my other two toons for items to research. My backup science toon is currently at 101 and will eventually catch up though.

My main is a bit shy of 160 in Science. If I had more Science objects to break down for parts I could level quicker, but when I discovered that particular bit of niftiness I quickly used up all I had. ;)

But I can make HOT Bots I and II.

Melt quest rewards and found items for parts and skill up. Then take the parts, make more items and melt those for skill ups. Some items are better to make/melt than others so experiment. I really haven't had any problems maxing my skills through this method until 250+ or so.

That is in fact my usual procedure, though typically I make customizables that I need before anything else, which of course I can't then break down. ;) I spend a lot of short-term leisure time running around gathering parts, which I enjoy. It made me stinkin' rich in WoW, and eventually I hope it will make me stinkin' rich in CO. :eg:

Though I do wish I was stinkin' rich right now. I can level any Skill to 450 in WoW like a jackrabbit because I just buy anything I need and don't already have. ;)

Got my Sciences up to about 241, just a hair shy of being able to make HOT Bots III (245). Probably get there later today. It's becoming a bit costly though; once I hit 245 I think I'm going to slow down and just raise through gathering and experimentation for awhile and bring my bank account back up a bit. ;)

I reached 300 Arms skill and crafted my second customized item yesterday:

Controlled Kinetic Questionite Armor Panel

Arms, Primary Defense, Bound, Level 23

Made from highly durable Questionite, this advanced armor component is nigh indestructible. Majorly improves Dexterity and Recovery. Improves Ego.

+17 Dexterity

+9 Ego

+17 Recovery

+11 Physical Defense

+11 Energy Defense

I'm pretty pleased. It's better than anything I've been able to pick up so far.

For reference, here's my first customized item:

Amalgamated Ballistic Reflector

Arms, Secondary Defense, Bound, Level 21

A carefully constructed device designed to maintain ballistic projectiles in a curving path around the wearer which leads the projectiles back at their point of origins. Increases Dexterity and Recovery.

+5 Dexterity

+5 Recovery

+2.6 Physical Defense

+2.6 Energy Defense

Aside from the descriptions being a bit generic, the crafting system is pretty cool. I can actually get the bonuses I need for my character. As I continue leveling towards 30, I'll have access to more items. By 30th level, I should have a full set of customized items.

One question for those reading - is this a good item to keep?

Hypothalmic Heart

Arms, Primary Utility, Bound, Level 13

Won't make you as invulnerable as Grond, but tricks part of your brain into thinking you are.

+0.5 Energy Regeneration

+100% Root resistance

+100% Hold resistance

+100% Confuse resistance

+2.3 Physical Defense

+2.3 Energy Defense

+2 Offense

Replying to a post from another thread:

How do you make custom gear?

1. Get your crafting skill (Arms, Science, or Mysticism) in the 201-300 range (which requires that your character be level 21+)
  2. Buy blueprints for items that accept crafting enhancements in your speciality (mine is Ordinance). You'll recognize them because they won't have stat bonuses (besides Physical Defense and Energy Defense).
  3. Buy blueprints for Enhancements (on the far right table) that will be used to enhance the base item.
  4. Go to the crafting table, choose Development, then choose a base item for crafting (the ones that can be customized are in italics)
  5. Choose enhancements from the list. Primary items can accept two enhancements (minor and major) while secondary items can only accept one enhancement. Using the example of the item I created above, Kinetic gave DEX and REC bonuses, while Controlled gave an EGO bonus.
  6. (Optional) Use quality slider to increase the power of the item (higher stats) at the cost of a significantly larger expenditure of components.
  7. Once you've made your selections, hit the Create button to create the item.

Thanx for the info, Fedifensor!

I've gotten up to Science 278 so far, through a combination of gathering, research, and crafting mostly stuff I need (I'm up to 14-slot bags and HOT Bots III). I haven't fussed around with trying to make anything like the items you describe, on the theory that I'll just level out of them too soon, but eventually I'll have to give it a shot. I think my skilling up will be put on hold for awhile, though, because buying the 300-400 crafting upgrade would take too much of my money at present -- gotta rev up the ol' bank account a bit first. ;)

What "quality" setting were those two items you listed made at?

The Controlled Kinetic Questionite Armor Panel was at maximum on the slider - it's a Primary item and I wanted the best possible bonuses. I don't remember the exact setting for the Amalgamated Ballistic Reflector, but it was lower both because I was short on crafting materials and because it didn't make a difference in the DEX or REC bonuses (it only affected PD and ED).

Greetings

I maxed out Arms @ 200 last night. I'm lvl 20 so I can't buy more until I hit lvl 21. I can make some sweet equipment though. I made a Primary Defense vest last night (don't ask the name since I'm at work) that was far and away better than anything I've gotten from drops or mission rewards. I think it had around 30 constitution, 5 recovery, some other stat I can't remember, and 8/8 defense. I can also make 10 slot bags. Yeah!

The Controlled Kinetic Questionite Armor Panel was at maximum on the slider - it's a Primary item and I wanted the best possible bonuses. I don't remember the exact setting for the Amalgamated Ballistic Reflector' date=' but it was lower both because I was short on crafting materials and because it didn't make a difference in the DEX or REC bonuses (it only affected PD and ED).[/quote']

And where did you gather all of those high-grade materials? If you know of a good area to find a decent amount of third-tier Arms components, I'd love to know about it.

And where did you gather all of those high-grade materials? If you know of a good area to find a decent amount of third-tier Arms components' date=' I'd love to know about it.[/quote']

I've been exploring the area around the Renegade Run Paintball Camp in Canada. There's a route I take around the area that can net me up to eight boxes of arms in a single circuit.