Quote of the Week From My Life.

Lucius

3 hours ago, L. Marcus said:

You live in the wrong time zone. 

I’ve lived in other time zones....it didn’t help.  Thanks for trying though, here’s your lovely parting gift.   A years supply of Turtle Wax!  Also a brand new turtle!     
      Now you don’t have to go on line late at night......You can just sit in the dark and wax your turtle.

Its quarter to six, things start to get a little stream of consciousness around now.

On 10/18/2020 at 11:27 AM, Cancer said:

What if your turtle is waning, not waxing?

That happens to a man when he gets older.  Not to me of course.  But they have little blue pills now to help you with that. 

31 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Roses are red

Violets are black

Do not ever 

Put me in a sack 

How else am I supposed to drag you out to the trunk of my car?  

• 2 weeks later...

Zone Forecast Product for Western Washington
National Weather Service Seattle WA
225 AM PST Thu Nov 19 2020

Spot temperatures and probabilities of measurable precipitation are for today, tonight, and Friday.

WAZ558-200000-
Seattle and Vicinity-
Including the cities of Seattle, Shoreline, Federal Way, and Kent
225 AM PST Thu Nov 19 2020

TODAY...A slight chance of rain in the morning, then a chance of rain late in the morning. Rain likely in the afternoon. Rainfall amounts less than a tenth of an inch likely. Highs in the mid 40s to lower 50s. South wind 10 to 20 mph.

Entirety of official US NWS forecast this morning for today.

Two quotes from the narrator of a YouTube video on RC toys

About a model of Space Cruiser Yamato that doesn't fly but moves on the water: "This makes you feel like an Army Commander."

Even worse:

About a model of an RC plane: "This doesn't really count as RC because it's remote control."

I was going to share the video, but never mind.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 6:34 AM, tkdguy said:

About a model of Space Cruiser Yamato that doesn't fly but moves on the water: "This makes you feel like an Army Commander."

Doesn’t that just make it a model of the battleship Yamato?

Brilliant as Space Battleship Yamato is, building a functional space cruiser out of wreckage that has been sitting at the bottom of the Pacific for nearly two hundred years is a daunting task.

And creator Leiji Matsumoto was heavily criticized at the time for appealing to Japanese nationalism at a time when Japan was utterly dependent on American protection. The criticism was somewhat justified -- one episode included a fanciful depiction of the destruction of the original Yamato at which even the American pilots who torpedoed her were moved by her courage. (Matsumoto was also responsible for The Cockpit, a frequently banned anthology film which included a story about a doomed German pilot.)

Even despite that context, Space Battleship Yamato stuck onto something universal -- that when the things they love are in danger, humans are capable of extraordinary courage and sacrifice. The crew of the Yamato know their mission is almost certainly doomed, but also that their failure would lead to the extinction of homo sapiens. Under those circumstances, they must fight and their fight has meaning.