Quote of the Week From My Life.

Lucius

I was talking to my daughter last weekend about my upcoming Champions game, where the PCs' foes would be vampires.  Through a convoluted conversation I won't go into, she insisted that I needed to make one of the vampires be Elvis (or at least an Elvis impersonator). 

As I was writing up my game notes, I decided to write a few modified Elvis songs.  For example,

"Well, a-curse my soul, what's a-wrong with me?

I'm itchin' like a bat on a fuzzy tree.

My friends say I'm acting wild as a wolf,

I'm in love, huh, I vant your blood."

When I sang a few of them for my daughter, she shook her head sadly and said, "I regret some of the choices I made this past weekend."

18 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

I was talking to my daughter last weekend about my upcoming Champions game, where the PCs' foes would be vampires.  Through a convoluted conversation I won't go into, she insisted that I needed to make one of the vampires be Elvis (or at least an Elvis impersonator). 

As I was writing up my game notes, I decided to write a few modified Elvis songs.  For example,

"Well, a-curse my soul, what's a-wrong with me?

I'm itchin' like a bat on a fuzzy tree.

My friends say I'm acting wild as a wolf,

I'm in love, huh, I vant your blood."

When I sang a few of them for my daughter, she shook her head sadly and said, "I regret some of the choices I made this past weekend." 

9 hours ago, Pariah said:

Your daughter is awesome! :thumbup:

He is a awesome dad. Learning that their parents can be embarasing is something that should happen normally in that life part. He applies "show, don't tell".

15 hours ago, Pariah said:

Your daughter is awesome! :thumbup:

I think so - but I'm admittedly a biased judge. 

Here's one exchange with her I posted in the Quotes of the Week from My Gaming Group thread:

My budding supervillain daughter is watching me map out the building.

Her: Where's the armory?
Me: ... ?!?! It's a day care center! You don't put an armory in a day care center!!
Her: (pause) Maybe it's an EVIL day care center.

A few minutes later:

Her: So, no poison pit?
Me: Nope. Though it does have a ball pit. They never clean those, so it's probably pretty dangerous.

5 hours ago, Christopher said:

He is a awesome dad. Learning that their parents can be embarasing is something that should happen normally in that life part. He applies "show, don't tell".

Thank you, but I give myself at best a "B+", more likely a "B" as a dad.  Parenting is one of those jobs where most of the tests come before the lessons.  But I consider myself extremely lucky that my kids (who are age 26 and almost 23) and I are friends as well as parent/children.  They turned out pretty good, despite my influence.  :winkgrin:

22 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Thank you, but I give myself at best a "B+", more likely a "B" as a dad.  Parenting is one of those jobs where most of the tests come before the lessons.  But I consider myself extremely lucky that my kids (who are age 26 and almost 23) and I are friends as well as parent/children.  They turned out pretty good, despite my influence.  :winkgrin:

Your comment just reminded me of this comic strip:

http://babyblues.com/comics/november-15-2018/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...