Jump to content
Lucius

Quote of the Week From My Life.

Recommended Posts

On 11/9/2018 at 12:34 PM, Pariah said:

"Forgive me, Father, for I have dabbed."

 

Decades ago there was a one-panel comic of two priests (Roman collars are the tipoff) playing cards, with one saying, "Forgive me, Father, for I have ginned."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tkdguy said:

"I tried becoming one with Nature, once. It turned out that Nature hated me!"

 

"I often find that I am at two with Nature." Woody Allen.

 

Lucius Alexander

 

At two with a palindromedary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was talking to my daughter last weekend about my upcoming Champions game, where the PCs' foes would be vampires.  Through a convoluted conversation I won't go into, she insisted that I needed to make one of the vampires be Elvis (or at least an Elvis impersonator). 

 

As I was writing up my game notes, I decided to write a few modified Elvis songs.  For example,

 

"Well, a-curse my soul, what's a-wrong with me?

I'm itchin' like a bat on a fuzzy tree.

My friends say I'm acting wild as a wolf,

I'm in love, huh, I vant your blood."

 

When I sang a few of them for my daughter, she shook her head sadly and said, "I regret some of the choices I made this past weekend."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

I was talking to my daughter last weekend about my upcoming Champions game, where the PCs' foes would be vampires.  Through a convoluted conversation I won't go into, she insisted that I needed to make one of the vampires be Elvis (or at least an Elvis impersonator). 

 

As I was writing up my game notes, I decided to write a few modified Elvis songs.  For example,

 

"Well, a-curse my soul, what's a-wrong with me?

I'm itchin' like a bat on a fuzzy tree.

My friends say I'm acting wild as a wolf,

I'm in love, huh, I vant your blood."

 

When I sang a few of them for my daughter, she shook her head sadly and said, "I regret some of the choices I made this past weekend." 

 

9 hours ago, Pariah said:

Your daughter is awesome! :thumbup:

He is a awesome dad. Learning that their parents can be embarasing is something that should happen normally in that life part. He applies "show, don't tell".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Pariah said:

Your daughter is awesome! :thumbup:


I think so - but I'm admittedly a biased judge. 

 

Here's one exchange with her I posted in the Quotes of the Week from My Gaming Group thread:

 

Quote

My budding supervillain daughter is watching me map out the building.

Her: Where's the armory?
Me: ... ?!?! It's a day care center! You don't put an armory in a day care center!!
Her: (pause) Maybe it's an EVIL day care center.

A few minutes later:

Her: So, no poison pit?
Me: Nope. Though it does have a ball pit. They never clean those, so it's probably pretty dangerous.

 

 

5 hours ago, Christopher said:

 

He is a awesome dad. Learning that their parents can be embarasing is something that should happen normally in that life part. He applies "show, don't tell".

 

Thank you, but I give myself at best a "B+", more likely a "B" as a dad.  Parenting is one of those jobs where most of the tests come before the lessons.  But I consider myself extremely lucky that my kids (who are age 26 and almost 23) and I are friends as well as parent/children.  They turned out pretty good, despite my influence.  :winkgrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Thank you, but I give myself at best a "B+", more likely a "B" as a dad.  Parenting is one of those jobs where most of the tests come before the lessons.  But I consider myself extremely lucky that my kids (who are age 26 and almost 23) and I are friends as well as parent/children.  They turned out pretty good, despite my influence.  :winkgrin:

 

Your comment just reminded me of this comic strip:

 

http://babyblues.com/comics/november-15-2018/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“It’s accepted that you’re supposed to hate your life for a long time.”

 

(PhD students are expected to accept stress and overwork as part of a painful rite of passage, <citation suppressed>)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×