Quote of the Week From My Life.

Lucius

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Pariah said:

"So, is this a Humanities conversation, or can we STEM guys get involved, too?"

"Sure, jump in. We'll be kind to the nerds."

* Cancer calmly draws the 12-gauge mathematics shotgun and lays it on the table in front of him *

A psychology graduate department head: "The state licensing requirements produce a faceless army of soulless government approved clinicians and all of the local doctoral programs are tailored to that artless institutionalized aim. If you want to study depth psychology or psychodymic therapy, which I applaud, you are in a no man's land. We may have some of the strictest licensing requirements in the country, but that doesn't amount to clinicians who can relate to their patients. They are all being taught that their patients are research subjects, statistics, and margins of outcome. There is more to psychology than data and numbers. It would surprise many of my colleagues to learn our work involves people."

"... prepare to be appalled: <system name> in particular has an interface that would have been considered poorly documented, clunky, and only barely functional even back in the mid-1980s, and I say this as someone who had already been using computer systems for ten years in the mid-1980s."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...