Quote of the Week From My Life.

Lucius

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

George Orwell

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

"I tried everything to quit smoking.  Hypnosis.  Nicotine gum.  Nicotine patches.  That thing with needles... um, heroin..."

"And I've tried everything. I tried the gum, I couldn't keep it lit. I tried the patches, they pulled the skin off my lips."

"So, Earth will lose its water, and turn into a lifeless volcanic hell just like Venus, and it cannot be prevented, because the luminosity of the Sun is inevitably increasing.  But that will be a billion years or so in the future.  A billion years is a long time.  That is longer than multi-celled organisms have existed on Earth.  Our species is only a million years old.  So we have time."