Quote of the Week From My Life.

Lucius

Re: Quote of the Week From My Life.

Purrdence : We've been invited to [co-worker's] birthday party. 1920s theme.

Me : *begins to grin, evilly*

Purrdence : You can't go as Cthulhu

Wait a minute... Can you NOT go as Cthulhu? I mean, facial tentacles are kinda hard to hide...

Doc

Providing data by phone...

After givine person all my info (firstname, lastname, address, telephone #)

Phone Person(PP): And your wife's first name?

Me: (provides)

PP: Last Name?

Me: Same as mine.

PP: Address?

PP: Telephone?

PP: So she lives with you?

Me: (facepalm).

To make it more fun, we went through this twice more for my two children living at home. Yes, they have the same last name, address, and phone number as I do, and they live with me. What a coincidence.

At last week's gaming con, I'm chatting casually with a friend of mine (a regular in my gaming group), when my teh sexeh gamer chixX0r friend bounces up and gives me a big hug. We chat and laugh and flirt for a minute, then she bounces off.

My buddy: You KNOW her??? :jawdrop:

:rofl:

I don't know why he's so surprised...evil overlords are frequently surrounded by hawtness. :)

Talking to my kids about the family fun night we're going to at their middle school tonight:

My Son: There will be a roaming band there too

My Daughter: If you can catch them

Me: They can't run that fast carrying band instruments

My friend's daughter' date=' upon seeing her father's hot chocolate called it "Chocolate Cookie Tea."[/quote']

This child had a perfect understanding of the concept, but she did not know the correct word. She used examples from her own experience that described the phenomenon in a vivid, highly descriptive way that anyone could understand. I feel that she might be a little genius in the making. I have had instructors with multiple advanced degrees that could not communicate a concept as succinctly.

My friend's daughter' date=' upon seeing her father's hot chocolate called it "Chocolate Cookie Tea."[/quote']

At last week's gaming con, I'm chatting casually with a friend of mine (a regular in my gaming group), when my teh sexeh gamer chixX0r friend bounces up and gives me a big hug. We chat and laugh and flirt for a minute, then she bounces off.

My buddy: You KNOW her??? :jawdrop:

:rofl:

The actual question should be: Can I know her?

This child had a perfect understanding of the concept' date=' but she did not know the correct word. She used examples from her own experience that described the phenomenon in a vivid, highly descriptive way that anyone could understand. I feel that she might be a little genius in the making. I have had instructors with multiple advanced degrees that could not communicate a concept as succinctly.[/quote']

Indeed. She's going to be a great GM some day, just like her daddy. :)