Quote of the Week From My Life.

Lucius

Re: Quote of the Week From My Life.

My friend Witte, via Facebook, in a response to a G.I. Joe joke I posted:

On a side note I got a letter in the mail saying that it had important cobra information inside, was disappointed that it was some insurance stuff and not a recruitment letter.

My friend Witte' date=' via Facebook, in a response to a G.I. Joe joke I posted: [/size']

On a side note I got a letter in the mail saying that it had important cobra information inside, was disappointed that it was some insurance stuff and not a recruitment letter.

I remember the time I left a message for my lawyer mentioning DOJ and a contract that may have been less than clear.

I later had to explain that it was the DEFENDERS of Justice (Doing Business As Hero Games) who were INTERESTED in a contract WITH me, not the DEPARTMENT of Justice INVESTIGATING a contract ON me.

Lucius Alexander

DBA Palindromedary Enterprises

Exchange between my wife and I, after listening to the Colbert Report bit on Planned Parenthood funding and the budget brouhaha.

Wife: "Seems to me, if you want to talk about restricting women's health, we need to elect more women to Congress and tell the men to go f**k themselves."

Me: "Which would eliminate the need for abortions."

Quote of the week from the Hero forums

As long as our politicians are popularity contestants instead of merit scholars' date=' we will continue to only hear answers that please the judges instead of make them think.[/quote']

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary of the week

As I was driving across the NY throughway I passed under a bridge, which had some drainage problems, and a warning sign stating:

Be Alert...Falling Water

And thought to myself "Wait, isn't that in Pennsylvania?"

Reminds me of my ex-wife whenever she saw signs that said "Keep Alert"

"Keep a lert! Lert's make good pets."

I'm at a party. I have my stuffed bunny with me.

Drunk: Is that a bunny?

Me: Yes. It is a bunny.

Drunk: What's it for?

Me: I take it with me when I travel, and take pictures of it at landmarks.

Drunk: Naw. It's... it's for picking up girls, isn't it?

Me: Yes, you got me. It's for picking up girls. They love the little guy.

Drunk: Does that work?

Me: You'd be surprised at how well it works!

Drunk: Dude, I should... maybe I should get one?

Me: Go for it, brah.

A couple of vendors mention a price which they *know* is way out of line for what we want to pay. They then stare at me expectantly. I say nothing, figuring I'll let them sweat for a few minutes.

Vendor 1: I... I can't get a read on you at all. Is... is the price we quoted... um... in the ballpark?

Vendor 2: That's... that's some poker face you've got, Mr. Keyes. :shock:

A couple of vendors mention a price which they *know* is way out of line for what we want to pay. They then stare at me expectantly. I say nothing, figuring I'll let them sweat for a few minutes.

Vendor 1: I... I can't get a read on you at all. Is... is the price we quoted... um... in the ballpark?

Do not toy with Teh Bunneh!

I clicked on a link at YouTube and got the following response:

500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, something went wrong.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.

If you see them, show them this information:

l5GJQVMk_7WDpdwv9gl57qim6cYWJhO-t0qcwOXd5VxHz1b10pLHumDatG_j G8zVATeyImHeCRgwsyaHkqOcv-7KaU4O3kthxrICYBppOM6zY4e8DNmwUwXF KuXCAEq-2mMz6-atX-4YyMYTmF1_Rp0nZrM4lwrYig_ZyYj2409SlEx1KK7J qOueS1-JJDuWXAUfuFLHNH6av4Qj2G6pLZZSgocNGldi5RJjhRObJ4f_sD3m buo7NxAWkwVZ0qz4VFxybWvM002Taj8y5fPeL3XR1F6DtHGBrj3rVm_0Htst O9af5pgnZ_6wLUyMizVgG59IHa9lyjD4r5urqd6x29-7OU5YNbYWGXgopVGK dCYzzrF66uoUwUx4TM1UOoNJ3GxqWKV-EtVk0deSRM7CVHpR10Gzr96nnwQT XT2VrDM-k9tFDKWweRwEAXYk3CfQJx2CSAQnTLcQ1RrGwITyOQZ4GAldUu00 vQtaD5jOVJTuuGF9TNRCFR3EWX4yO-lYpWosKOVm0A68i2fp1171aBiONe0A Uvm4TC52znJy8QupMHt1PXNlc6_hqOxGSJcH1AvTUairLEpCPy6oqVs1H8wj Il_RkSI9U0NvKYbPZf8EBIG4wmOuBwhIJ0a6hQo3X1LL5LQkUft4-qJ45NRK NHEGN1nEyV1zRcA8X_7ItWFk8O1u36N6S9rF_m48yF-tvoJPYPgjU-Sl_DsI yDxj5v89ont2otQsuWbdV4p4OIa4YiS5m02J7Y5a6u69U71Ig0SX1d7EQt5d vktxYiTE_rnjWFdAMnwqygCIJXhahavGfuasxtVTv27wjKw8FhOz6nr0xvYG 99waF4bkQPWPM07q3mELg7i-TeyjrzzeAm30JzJCFl13DmBV6VxN4fr1EleA RxlMrIxvLpMeIVPKlfzbbTp2cnVnLXRFjTV31dg86KCpqEdD8lzCw_UcPKh6 K5odPL71zhka2-ZVdp59rnWSoUX3TpOBPv6Tf_TOOow2FosR3J1sDcEqHn9k 6OKuskZVKq_wCHu_F63iIa7sCCcO7YWiPH7nV5etK5P-tP3RXlhtR3ILSlCq YXpxgoMJAldMapysHu3lQBC1p75RCAzyx-BQb4lpyywyt7ljd3h3xW2-B3PB ZhMkMNErQEvWRamViZvHwsY9y7nI72S1bq2N5EPPlaUTRLVISuJxXxSA54E1 1TZk5YfsjH4rYohMRXifMlYlyEam2LrUrUmf3-9XuG27IluXttRIDgdfzGAG HyE5soJu85dKjXVgbFTcgEJoSMi0ORjeVmpW-NlN6JUYuEg51btM64W5yct6 i1DsNCE9qtTQ5FGgMVF0WBTlEVjzDk2hiZNaXSDjdXDIXoUGp70sOORnLln4 s-EAV9XEneLBZoNWx4LROwsu5Ba-ElnfbFjRfdw85akU32ZJ8yTMeaItD0DP Wy7DFL9LDhxSh7y12pchzmJ7ft8qZPFc-bSmux7Sxpj2ayvQ-L0IzVuqrBRi Exg6rd33hisX5pByEF4DcPLnHIprfBU4Myy15J79C1FBkX3SFrxi_v0-zp9B Gc8jH-djiKMp8Epe4hEVUy4icaPxNvx9gyyyai3TvXEkEO6sedlrwoAjLVLA xDYCXV7WVgr9Rgr6QuFWWXcLhgyi2vzn0C79GC4DRgDh1boFYpYGBZfjdyjk BSgdoyUUeOIdx3nhqxFwQbN8XSdStBF7kZISPcivvx_i-Zc0wV8mjp8Nby_M Mpg0wxJL9bQo7gcYkDmtIMgscJ14Nj6X1AX6kcxgjp-X3MPOcoT4FJMZc281 9GeISaDLsi-QA8s9TcLMWlTE0NZMd6SsaPDFtjisYS3fg53I3ZQbejL8S5VX VUZyAdoaD79dPkF7pGAjSTRJn98TQp1tOw84UXCwXUVVU151c3QY440yfABj RqxwNZbjf4eFy16bBUbTJ8ljWbuFkNi70wEN4r_0D0vxIh924mUoNBtBCuoY eUZaqCE7-ZFQm0BPyD_yx5tbrISptuJBhCRX3ahEKDA9ENippvTDgirIqyVl QN3MTh_X4PzA6Irj2ggKvyOnia0C8tiuiJ_uXIyEkDBo694odJRnzSCUZDUC cEV4d9SYZNHMgXR825j-3QokGH3nj-5qwXLMF6l_8R2VnNrgV6d7hLw7ueX0 FTNcq6yZf030MU-589E835b0L-91w-EWcCzSUJgK7gS_rct5yO6SDv_4wW7-

... You've been watching 30 Rock, haven't you.