Quote of the Week From My Life.

Lucius

Re: Quote of the Week From My Life.

Due to my worries about my children repeating me because I cursed like a sailor (how did that happen?), I substituted words. I was so successful, when my infant daughter started cursing it was in Spanish*, and totally not my fault. However, she did say some odd things when angry, much to the confusion of people**.

*She's from Venezuala.

**Klingon is a great language for cursing.

Back when we DID have a censor program here, I suggested that the "I" word (the one referencing the property of being immune to most physical and energy attacks, including ones such as Drains and No Normal Defense attacks) should be on the forbidden list along with ____, ____, and ____ - I used two profanities and an obscenity. I was counting on the censor to filter them out.

It caught only the obscenity.

I then posted again, asking "____ and ____ aren't on the censored list?"

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary observed "obviously not."

Guest Celt

8FP The Wii U: I can't decide if it's the world's most crummy tablet PC or the world's most AWESOME Etch-a-Sketch.

My mom recently got me a mug that has a wizard holding a baby dragon in his hand and the words Scarborough Fair on it. She brought the mug into my room after washing it and we started talking about it. It was a normal conversation until she said, "When you find a gaming group, you can pull it out and be the envy of the other wizards."

Maybe it's an IQ test

The breakroom TV was showing Fox News.

Conservative Talking Head: Instead of spending billions of dollars to chase these illegals throught the desert, they should spend some of that money to build a fence, a wall, and another fence.

Me: (To coworker) That will stop every illegal immigrant who can't figure out how to use a wirecutter and a ladder. Are they trying to keep illegal immigrants out, or just the ones with IQs under 50?

Re: Maybe it's an IQ test

The breakroom TV was showing Fox News.

Conservative Talking Head: Instead of spending billions of dollars to chase these illegals throught the desert, they should spend some of that money to build a fence, a wall, and another fence.

Me: (To coworker) That will stop every illegal immigrant who can't figure out how to use a wirecutter and a ladder. Are they trying to keep illegal immigrants out, or just the ones with IQs under 50?

(Me, in similar circumstances)

"Don't forget the minefields, barbed wire, and triggerhappy guards. Look how successful East Germany was in keeping people in!"

Breaking sports news: The East German Olympic pole vault champion has just become the West German Olympic pole vault champion

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary considers that old news