Quote of the Week From My Life.

Lucius

Re: Quote of the Week From My Life.

My nephew (who lives in a sparsely-populated area of Oregon) and I were discussing the level of driving stupidity displayed any time we went anywhere in Sacramento.

Me: The percentage of idiots isn't any higher than where you live, but there are just a whole lot more people, so you get more idiots per square mile.

Him: There are a lot of idiots in this village.

Me: That's gotta be my next tee-shirt!

Before the final exam in my freshman physics course, my Professor told the class "I have some Bad News and some worse news for you. The Bad News, at least half of what I taught you this year is wrong. The Worse News, I don't know what half, and neither does anyone else. So never decide something is impossible and dismiss it unexamined because it contradicts something I taught you. Enjoy your test."

Lucius Alexander

Half a palindromedary is a perfectly normal beast

I went on a wine tour yesterday with a couple of friends. At lunch we tried wild boar.

Friend #1: I like to eat.

Me: We all do, in our old age.

Friend #2: We like the good stuff too.

Me: As evidenced in our expanding waistlines.

Friend #1: And our empty pocket books.

Weldun : Every American president since Kennedy has tried to out-macho the Soviet Premier by wearing just a suit when the Russian is rugged up to the eyeballs.

GM : Probably wouldn't work with Putin. He'd just come out wearing Speedos.

texted my wife 8FP who was out driving with friend when mild tremors hit Long Island today

Me: Earthquake! You okay?

8FP: Yep. You call THAT an earthquake? <3

She's from the west coast. *g*

My mom came up to visit us for the first time since we announced the pregnancy. We were meeting at a resturant, and I was running a bit late so my wife and my mom got there before I did. I join them...

Mom: Oh Bill, your ladyfriend looks so beautiful!

Me: (looking around fearfully) Oh my god, is she here?

:snicker:

I was at work several years ago, listening to a coworker complain about her new, and apparently fully evil, kitten. I jokingly made the comment, "If I had a cat like that, I'd give it flying lessons." At that moment, another coworker (one who adores cats) was walking past, heard what I had said, and got all huffy about it.

Later that day, I went over to her desk.

Me: You really love cats, don't you?

Her: Yes, I do.

Me: It might surprise you to know that I grew up with cats. I love cats, too. (pause) Maybe we should get together some time and swap recipes.

She wouldn't talk to me for a week.

I love this joke! And I admit that I ripped it off. I was playing City of Heroes, and was a member of a team of players that I didn't know. In the Chat window, one of the team members was lamenting that while she leaned forward in her chair to get a drink, her cat jumped up into the chair behind her, rolled up in a ball, and promptly fell asleep. The player couldn't lean back in her chair.

Me: "So you're a cat lover?"

She (I assume it's a she): "Yes, I do."

Me: "So do I . . . Wanna swap recipes?"

The rest of the team posted a bunch of lols, and omgs, and one rofl.

Her response?: "VILLAIN!" but she did put an lol after it.

Thanks for the great joke, Bolo! :)

I love this joke! And I admit that I ripped it off. I was playing City of Heroes, and was a member of a team of players that I didn't know. In the Chat window, one of the team members was lamenting that while she leaned forward in her chair to get a drink, her cat jumped up into the chair behind her, rolled up in a ball, and promptly fell asleep. The player couldn't lean back in her chair.

Me: "So you're a cat lover?"

She (I assume it's a she): "Yes, I do."

Me: "So do I . . . Wanna swap recipes?"

The rest of the team posted a bunch of lols, and omgs, and one rofl.

Her response?: "VILLAIN!" but she did put an lol after it.

Thanks for the great joke, Bolo! :)

I worked in animal rescue, I can't tell you how many times I was told variants of that joke. Somewhat funny the first time, but repetition and when you've worked with cats that had been set on fire, not funny at all anymore.

While working on a character:

Me: I can make a cloud of acid so I don't know if I need magic missile.

My Mom: Can I drop it?

Me: Huh?

My Mom: Can I drop some of your acid?

*sigh* Damn hippie.

Perhaps she was expressing an opinion about role playing games?

Lucius Alexander

I was sometimes taken for a hallucination even before I acquired a palindromedary

A stash of extra computer equipment sits outside my door. I'm kinda responsible for it, because no one else will do it.

Lesbian Coworker: "Can I bring my old monitor down and add to the pile?"

Me: "Sure. I probably need to get some of those sent to surplus. I can't even give away a 15" LCD anymore."

LC: "I know. Anything under 24" just isn't enough any more."

LC: "I'm such a size queen."

A stash of extra computer equipment sits outside my door. I'm kinda responsible for it, because no one else will do it.

Lesbian Coworker: "Can I bring my old monitor down and add to the pile?"

Me: "Sure. I probably need to get some of those sent to surplus. I can't even give away a 15" LCD anymore."

LC: "I know. Anything under 24" just isn't enough any more."

LC: "I'm such a size queen."

I still use a cathode ray monitor... got the most shocked expression I've ever seen on an IT guy when I told him :D