Quote of the Week From My Life.

Lucius

Re: Quote of the Week From My Life.

While waiting on line for badge pick up at Dragon*Con across the street is the Georgia Dept of Labor building. 8x11 paper signs taped to the window on 4th floor say 'Geeks Rule!', 'Save me a place in line!' and 'Gone over to the Dark Side'.

"This morning, I was in Seattle, surrounded by BC liscense plates. This evening, I am in San Diego, surrounded by BC liscense plates."

(Seattle, Washington, USA is directly south of British Columbia, Canada... San Diego, California USA is directly north of Baja California, Mexico.)

After riding Amtrak and receiving several requests to take overly large pieces of luggage down from the overhead rack for various woman-

"New rule: If you can't carry it off, it's not a carry-on.'

On an elevator with a friend. The elevator stops and two people start to get on, but they hesitate when they see us.

Curtis: Come on in. We don't bite.

Me: Oh yes I do!

Guy: (getting on) It's OK. She bites too.

Me: All right! :bounce:

Girl: (to her boyfriend) Only when it's you, honey.

Me: Disappointment! :(

Teh bunneh's story reminded me of Alfred Hitchcock's elevator story.

It also reminded me of something I read in a Fletch book. (Had to go get it to get the full quote)

"Moxie's an actor," Fletch said, "whether she wants to be or not. She gets into an elevator and uses everybody else standing there as a captive audience. Once, in a crowded elevator she turned to me and said, Really, Jake, it hain't fair I got pregnant, when you said I wouldn't -- you bein' my brother and all. What you go sayin' it wasn't possible for, when it was, alla time? You heard what the doctor just said -- don't make no difference you bein' my brother. You tol' me a tootin' lie, Hank."

Laughing, Audrey said, "What did you do, Fletch?"

"Well, the temperature in the elevator went up to about one-hundred-and-thirty degrees fahrenheit. Every one was glowering at me. I wasn't sure I was going to get out of there alive."

"What did you do?" Audrey asked.

"I said, Can't be sure it was me, Stella. Might ha' been Paw."

Ed, A friend of ours, re-arranged our home entertainment electronics recently.

Me: "Ah, there's a fatal flaw here. The TV is plugged into the outlet directly instead of the master power squid, so it will still draw vampire electricity."

Housemate: "It's an error, but I wouldn't call it a fatal flaw."

Me: "It is if we kill him for it."

"The NSF Operating Plan for FY2011 has been approved by Congress and is in the process of being executed."

Lead sentence in the article titled "News from NSF Division of Astronomical Sciences", in this month's American Astronomical Society's monthly newsletter.

The article does not state whether the execution is by hanging, firing squad, lethal injection, or some other means. :straight:

Yesterday while punching through stations to find something that wasn't maudlin about 9/11.

"Gorramit, where's the rock and roll? That's how we should treat 9/11. *sings* I wanna RAAAWK! *random tongue wagging gibberish while waving devil horn hands* Show us your t**s! That'll p*** them off, you bet. T**s or GTFO! The Great Satan is my b****!"

I'm expecting my fatwah any time now.:rockon: