Quote of the Week From My Life.

Lucius

Re: Quote of the Week From My Life.

Her: I named my new car "Mighty Mouse"!

Me: Huh. We don't name our cars. We just call them "white car" and "blue car." Come to think of it, that's how we named our cats, too. "White cat" and "Gray Cat."

Her: At least you didn't name your daughter "Girl Child."

Me: No, but if we had a little boy and a little girl, I can just about guarantee we'd call her that!

Talking about the Equestrian events at the Olympics at work.

Me: I like Equestrian. It's calm. It doesn't upset the nerves.

Supervisor: How did Mitt Romney's horse do? (Note: It's actually Ann Romney's horse, not Mitt's)

Me: I think the horse did better in London than he did!

Supervisor: :rofl:

Oh, the joys of teaching an 8 year-old! I was teaching her subtraction with borrowing, and I was going to show her how to calculate people's age. She didn't want to divulge her birth year, so I volunteered mine.

Me: I was born in 1967...

Student: No you weren't; that was the time of the Gold Rush!

Oh, the joys of teaching an 8 year-old! I was teaching her subtraction with borrowing, and I was going to show her how to calculate people's age. She didn't want to divulge her birth year, so I volunteered mine.

Me: I was born in 1967...

Student: No you weren't; that was the time of the Gold Rush!

I'd move on to history :D

I have a coworker who is literally a blabbermouth. She never stops talking, even to chew her food and eveything she says at the top of her lungs. Worse nothing she has to say is actually useful or interesting. No one in the department can stand being around her for any period of time.

Me: You know that's irritating.

Her: What's irritating?

Me: The fact that you never stop talking.

Her: What do you mean. I'm a quiet person.

Me: Being stuck in a room with you is like having my ears stuffed with rabid weasels.

I have a coworker who is literally a blabbermouth. She never stops talking, even to chew her food and eveything she says at the top of her lungs. Worse nothing she has to say is actually useful or interesting. No one in the department can stand being around her for any period of time.

Me: You know that's irritating.

Her: What's irritating?

Me: The fact that you never stop talking.

Her: What do you mean. I'm a quiet person.

Me: Being stuck in a room with you is like having my ears stuffed with rabid weasels.

You should tell her, "Your voice fills the room. In fact, you'll notice that as you talk, people get up and leave to make room for it."

I was at a Pagan festival even last weekend at a camp with cabins and communal bathrooms. Saturday morning, one of my friends talks about how hammered she'd gotten the night before...

"So I was in the bathroom this morning, and on my way out, I laughed because I happened to look into one of the other stalls an saw that someone left their outfit hanging up in there. Then after a couple of seconds I realized, 'Oh, crap! That's mine!!!"

I'm reminded of a "conversation" I had with a co-worker many years ago:

Co-Worker: *inane blather*

Me: *reads book*

Co-Worker: *more inane blather*

Me: *still reading book*

Co-Worker: *even more inane blather*

Me: *continues reading book*

Co-Worker: "..."

Co-Worker: "You're not even listening to me, are you?"

Me: *while still reading book* "...nope..."

Co-Worker: "..."

Actually managed to shut him up for... a whole 15 minutes, I think. Not sure, wasn't keeping track.

My seven year old niece on the possibility of my father having to go to a nursing home or long term care facility for PT and rehab:

Her: If grampa has to go to one of those...*pause*...homes, what are they called, like where grampa Burt lived?

Me: Nursing home

Her: Yeah, that. I think that would be fun. Because they take care of you, but you're an adult, so they can't yell at you.

So glad this conversation was over the phone so she didn't see my face and think I was laughing at her, but I was cracking up.

A shirt I want to make for a friend:

"There is no silence so profound that it cannot be filled by some nit-wit with nothing to say." (just thought of that a few days ago :D )

A shirt I already gave to my wife:

"I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you. You're just not participating." (thought of that one a year or two ago)

A shirt I need to (re)make for myself:

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd read your entrails." (from a shirt a friend bought for me a few years ago - I wore it to death... :P )

Earlier today, my wife was asleep on the couch when one of my cats decided he wanted to park on the back of said couch. Unfortunately, the path he chose to take involved leaping over her head, and he's not as athletic as he used to be ... he came up short and scratched her on the nose on the way down. Not a bad scratch, but it bled pretty bad, and she was sound asleep until then and woke up by, well, pain, which made it seem that much worse. We treated the wound with peroxide and first aid cream and a Band-Aid ... but after a few minutes, my wife noted ...

"I'm a first level wizard! I just got my ass kicked by a housecat!"

I do so dearly love going to Pagan festivals where I get to spend time with other Pagans, kinky, and polyamorous folks. Otherwise, I'd never get to hear gems like this...

"I could never have sex with her! She's like a sister to me. Moreso than my actual sister. Yes, I'm the father of her child, but that was via artificial insemination. There was no sex involved. As for my real sister, I'd totally do her. She's hot!"

And his wife was standing right there, smiling joyously the whole time.