Quote of the Week From My Life.

Lucius

Re: Quote of the Week From My Life.

I havent read the story, and I havent seen the movie, but....

Ill just bet you that the "catch" is that the next person who gets the box doesnt know YOU, and YOU are the person who dies when they press the button.

As a "reward" for being so gorram callous with other peoples' lives.

If you DONT press the button (indicating that you have a conscience), then you are NOT the one who dies the next time its pressed....That honor goes to the last person who actually pressed it.

And if it doesnt work that way, the writers should be rochambeaux'ed

Got it in one.

Wasn't this a twilight zone episode?

From my Honors Chem class the other day:

"Group 17, or as it's labeled in your books, Group 7A, is called the halogens. They have seven valence electrons, so to get to a stable octet, they need to gain one more. So if you ever hear me talking about someone in, say, my second period class as a halogen, you'll know I think he's one electron short of a full shell."

My kids were watching TV, and the theme for Spongebob Squarepants started playing. My youngest started singing:

"Squidward Tentacles... Squidward Tentacles..."

When she saw my confused expression, she said with a straight face, "Little known fact: Spongebob originally wasn't supposed to be the star of the show."'

My friends and I are driving down the main street of our town (which is a college town) at about 1 am. At a stoplight, we are next to a couple of frat guys. There is no cross traffic, and no visible pedestrians. One of the frat guys yells something out the window...

Me: Did that guy just yell "D*CK!" out his window? Who was he talking to? [Note: That word is not the name of a water fowl]

Prodigy Duck: Theres no one there!

Me: Do you think he saw his own reflection?

Innermoppet: Great. Now we're going to get six more weeks of douchebaggery from him! :P

---------------------

Me: I just read that NASA spent 12 years and a ton of money developing the "space pen". You know, the one that can write upside down, in zero G, underwater, and in extreme cold. The Russians apparently just used pencils.

Innermoppet: Pencils are for wimpy losers who make mistakes! :cool:

From my Honors Chem class the other day:

"Group 17, or as it's labeled in your books, Group 7A, is called the halogens. They have seven valence electrons, so to get to a stable octet, they need to gain one more. So if you ever hear me talking about someone in, say, my second period class as a halogen, you'll know I think he's one electron short of a full shell."

Closely related to that one:

"And if you hear me call someone a noble gas, it means I think they sit around and do nothing."

Me: I just read that NASA spent 12 years and a ton of money developing the "space pen". You know, the one that can write upside down, in zero G, underwater, and in extreme cold. The Russians apparently just used pencils.

Innermoppet: Pencils are for wimpy losers who make mistakes! :cool:

And I just found out that the pencil shavings and graphite dust from the Russians using pencils were what cause one of the major MIR fires.

America! F**k yeah!

"Yes, of course I want a front garden full of plants with four-inch thorns and violently poisonous sap. That way when somebody climbs over the fence in the middle of the night, I can listen to the screams and go back to sleep happy in the knowledge of a job well done"

plus it puts me in an august company... Rappaccini, Ernst Stavro Blofeld, Fu Manchu....

At a dinner gathering last night-

Friend: This is the second week in a row we're spending telling old high school stories.

Me: At our age, it's all nostalgia.

"Yes' date=' of [i']course [/i]I want a front garden full of plants with four-inch thorns and violently poisonous sap. That way when somebody climbs over the fence in the middle of the night, I can listen to the screams and go back to sleep happy in the knowledge of a job well done"

plus it put me in an august company... Rappaccini, Ernst Stavro Blofeld, Fu Manchu....

Succulent . . . that means they stand a chance in Colorado. I may have to install some.

Hey, sailor!

For Veterans Day weekend a group of us went to a USO-style swing dance. My friend Ricky (was US Navy, now US Navy Reserves) gave me one of his uniforms to wear to the dance.

At the dance:

Ricky: "While you're wearing that uniform, you need to represent it properly."

me: "Okay."

Ricky: "So you need to go up to your girlfriend and say, 'I'm just a sailor in town for the night, and I've never known a big-city lady like you before.'"

me: :)

Ricky: "And then you need to say, 'Hey baby, do you want to see my anchor?'"

me: :lol:

15 minutes later my girlfriend was chatting with Ricky.

my girlfriend: "... and later on he's going to show me his anchor!" :eg:

Ricky: :jawdrop:

The next day we got together for lunch.

me: "Thanks for those lines last night. They worked very well."

Ricky: "I tried my lines on my girlfriend. She just gave me a look and said, 'What is wrong with you?'"

me: "Well, they worked well for me." :D

My girlfriend's dog is afraid of the rain. After we returned from the dance, he was incessantly whining because it was drizzling outside.

me: "What's the matter? Were you beaten up by a raindrop when you were a puppy?"