Quote of the Week From My Life.

Lucius

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Working on concept for a supernatural monster character in a Feng Shui 2 campaign. Such things have a monster form and a human form, can transform between those. Monster form is already complete, an anthropomorphic crocodile. Character's name is Arrrgh. From an email with the guy who puts together the custom character sheets:

Had a sick idea for Arrrgh's human form.

Google image search for "Asian dating sites". Choose a PG-13 rated pic of one of the nigh-identical babelets that appear from that. That's the human form's appearance.

Human form's name, when one is needed, is 'Bootie Pie' or some homophonic respelling thereof."

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday during lunch I walked the four-five blocks to a supermarket, got a deli sandwich for lunch there and a container of salt which was needed for this week's lab. One of my students happened to be there, and she was in minor-crisis mode, as her debit card had been refused by the store; she was on her phone talking to her mom. She explained the situation to me, and my irreverent but immediate reaction was, "That's why we old people carry cash." She found this amusing, and passed it on to her mom, who for some reason also found it uproariously funny.

I still don't really grasp why it's so funny, though.

• 2 weeks later...

"What other way are you going to learn about the network of secret conspiracies contending against each other to rule the world for all time, than to get it from the exceedingly toothy jaws of a demon from Hell?"

What game was that?

Wait...this isn't the gaming quotes thread is it....?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary whispers to me that the Professor has spent too many hours staring deeply into the infinite abyss of the outer spaces, seeking to pry into the secret mysteries of alien suns....

Actually, it was from after-session discussion of what went on during the game. Yes, the new PCs did learn about the conspiracies from my character, who is a supernatural netherworld creature. But that quote was not, strictly speaking, from the gaming table.