Quote of the Week From My Life.

Lucius

"I think it's cool that you know that word."

The word in question is antimaccasar. I never expected to get that kind of reaction. Especially from a girl. :o

Most girls are promacassar?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary stakes out both positions on the maccassar issue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What purpose is served by setting a welcome mat in front of a blank, doorless and windowless wall?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary suggests a hidden door, but in that case a welcome mat seems to defeat the purpose of hiding the door....

What purpose is served by setting a welcome mat in front of a blank, doorless and windowless wall?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary suggests a hidden door, but in that case a welcome mat seems to defeat the purpose of hiding the door....

Or to flatten the faces of those who assume that there's a door where there's a welcome mat...

If there was any doubt as to if my youngest is me done-over, it was done away with on Saturday. That afternoon, he designed his first game. It was a Ghostbusters board game where each player advances on a track and you have to defeat a ghost on the way to the winner's square. We gave it a playtest and said it was fun. The next day after church, he said, "My game was fun but fast. How can we slow it down to give us more turns?" I suggested going to 1d6 instead of 2d6. He came up with the idea of SORRY-style movement; draw a card with the advancement listed. Less than half (but he didn't tell me how much less) would be "go back X" squares.