The HERO System Advanced Player's Guide

Steve Long

Here’s our back-cover text describing the APG:

EVEN MORE HERO!

The HERO System 6th Edition contains all the rules you need to create any sort of character, power, gadget, spell, vehicle, monster, or weapon you can think of. But sometimes a few more rules can make your job easier, or open up possibilities for your character that you hadn’t considered.

If you’re interested in ways to expand the HERO System, or change it to suit particular campaigns or play styles, The HERO System Advanced Player’s Guide is the book for you. It’s filled with advanced, expanded, optional, and variant rules for nearly every aspect of the HERO System. It features new Powers, Skills, Combat Maneuvers, and other game elements; alternate ways to use specific game elements or build specific abilities; and more details to help players and GMs use the HERO rules.

Thanks to the Advanced Player’s Guide, it’s even easier and more fun to Be A Hero!

ISBN: 1-978-58366-###

SKU: DOJHERO1004

Price: $26.99 US

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The HERO System Advanced Player's Guide

[gently humorous sarcasm mode]

No, of course not; of all the books we've produced in the past three or four years, this will be the one book that we're not releasing in PDF.

[/gently humorous sarcasm mode]

Yes, there'll definitely be a PDF. ;) In fact we'll probably put that up for sale sometime very soon.

[gently humorous sarcasm mode]

No, of course not; of all the books we've produced in the past three or four years, this will be the one book that we're not releasing in PDF.

[/gently humorous sarcasm mode]

Yes, there'll definitely be a PDF. ;) In fact we'll probably put that up for sale sometime very soon.

I know it is prably not going to happen, but I would greatly appreciate it if when you post the informatin about the book if you could include in the price the cost of the .pdf and the .pdf/book bundle, it helps me decide if I am going to get just one or the bundle if I know

• 1 month later...

Weird... neither IGUK (which normally gets stuff as soon as available over here), or Orc's Nest (both big online rpg sellers over here) nor my local FLGS in Edinburgh carry it. My FLGS only got the new 6th ed core books and basic rulebook 2 weeks ago.

• 1 month later...

Wow....oh well, congrats to Steve and co for a sell-out book! I was mainly looking to ponder whether or not to pick up the pdf from rpgnow for $10 this week (really $5 each with the Basic Rules pdf bundle but I already have the Basic Rules) or get the combo deal here; since the hardcopies are OOP I think I might do it and look for a hardcopy someplace else.

Wow....oh well' date=' congrats to Steve and co for a sell-out book! I was mainly looking to ponder whether or not to pick up the pdf from rpgnow for $10 this week (really $5 each with the Basic Rules pdf bundle but I already have the Basic Rules) or get the combo deal here; since the hardcopies are OOP I think I might do it and look for a hardcopy someplace else.[/quote']

Thanks for the heads up! It's now MINE (in electronic form)!

It's been available to UK distributors for weeks now AFAIK. If a store can't get the APG' date=' that store either needs to talk to another distributor, or can make arrangements to buy from us directly if preferred.[/quote']

Hi Steve

We have had this problem before in the UK with a Hero Book - Enchanted Items I think. The main, maybe only, UK distributer is Esdevium Games (http://www.esdeviumgames.com). Occassionally they simply have a brain freeze and overlook new releases and despite repeated requests from my FLGS in the Midlands they refuse to believe that the product exists. I think it was resolved last time by someone from Hero dropping them a line to remind them that the product has been released.

Ian

We have temporarily sold out of hard copies. Turns out the book was pretty popular. We're figuring out now how soon we can squeeze in a reprint' date=' but the pending arrival of Champions is making said planning a little sketchy right now. dw[/quote']

Thanks Darren. I guess this issue with the UK is one to watch for future books as well such as The Ultimate base.

Ryhope, one suggestion that has worked for some other fans in the past: when you go to your local game store to request a book you think they should have, take the ISBN and other pertinent information about the book and give it to them. (You should be able to find this on the page for the book here in this forum; if not just put up a post asking for that info.) That sort of hard proof that the book exists makes it a lot more difficult for anyone to deny that it's been printed. ;)