Reimagining the Superhero

Ranxerox

Re: Reimagining the Superhero

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned "The Boys" by Derrick Robertson and Tony Avina. In the series, the stereotyped spandex wearing supers are all shown as hedonistic pricks with more power than sense, while "The Boys" are the CIA team intended to keep them under control. "The Boys" wear black jackets and pants when they're going to rumble, but otherwise street clothes.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned "The Boys" by Derrick Robertson and Tony Avina. In the series' date=' the stereotyped spandex wearing supers are all shown as hedonistic pricks with more power than sense, while "The Boys" are the CIA team intended to keep them under control. "The Boys" wear black jackets and pants when they're going to rumble, but otherwise street clothes.[/quote']

I've thumbed through some issues of The Boys at my FNCS and I felt that the writer made a legitimate point about how people might very well behave if they had powers which made them superior to there fellow mortals. But good point or not, it wasn't enough to make me want to shell out money to read about such unlikable "heroes".

Alternate current day with schizotech. And the real good guys were a group of reform-minded sorts who wanted to compromise' date=' gradually working toward a representative parliamentary system, and passing reform laws.[/quote']

Unfortunately, reform-minded sorts who want to compromise are a hard sell as either a comic book or a Champions campaign. Still, it does sound like an interesting setting.

Joe 3.26, P.I. A robot who became a private investigator. Not mine. I think it's a webcomic. My version of the concept is the less cleverly named Shamus.

Special Circumstances: The police exotic crimes unit featuring Marilyn X, an android Norma Jean Baker replica who likes big guns and explosions, "Peeping Tom" Alsop, the team psychic, HALO, airdropped powersuit jock and Angel the helicopter pilot who delivers him, Leon, sniper with high power rifle, a martial artist whose name escapes me, a cyborg police dog named Kay-Ten, and a vampire.